"Stripe delete" meaning

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'd wondered about the term "stripe delete" for an 05/6 GT, as in do people use it for a car with no top stripes? Or for a car with no top and no side stripes? Or since the top stripes are optional, does the term actually apply to the side stripes and I've just never seen it listed on a window sticker?

Now I have: The yellow GT currently on BaT seems to clarify it: The car has no side stripes (and no top stripes) and the window sticker in pic 118 states "BODY SIDE TAPE STRIPE DELETE: NC"

2006_ford_gt_img_6357-2-28424.jpg

Edit: There had only been about 10 previously on Bring-a-Trailer with no side stripes, and they've all either had no window sticker or the sticker didn't mention side stripes or delete. And some have the "FORD GT" decal on the side which I think means somebody probably removed the side stripes post-delivery but kept the FORD GT (which I prefer). But I just found a 2nd one: This red GTX1 has no side stripes and sure nuff the window sticker in pic 58 states "BODY SIDE TAPE STRIPE DELETE: NO CHARGE"

You guys probably already knew this, but I was wondering and thought it was interesting.

Reactions: Pettyfan43

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Interesting question. I feel like it means no top and no side stripes. Has there ever been a GT with top stripes and side stripe delete? The paint and option matrix only lists three categories:

FULL STRIPES
SIDE STRIPES ONLY
STRIPE DELETE
1653355276077.jpeg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The painted stripes were a $5500 option. Like any other option, if you don't get it, nothing is mentioned on the window sticker. The side stripes were included on every car but you had the option to order it sans side stripes - hence the window sticker would indicate stripe delete at no charge.

Reactions: KJD

Pettyfan43

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2022
Patterson Ca.
Been following this Yellow stripe delete car on BaT having a hard time liking it. I think the Black top stripes are needed as the car looks plain without them . A White one was offered at Mecum Glendale in March with no stripes also and was not sold.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
To me, stripe delete means side stripe delete, no cost Option 97D from Ford.

Interesting question from BSIM27, maybe one/some are out there, anyone know?

As we know, plenty of cars with the side stripe tape fully/partially removed by owners.

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
To me, stripe delete means side stripe delete, no cost Option 97D from Ford.

Interesting question from BSIM27, maybe one/some are out there, anyone know?

As we know, plenty of cars with the side stripe tape fully/partially removed by owners.

If so I think the matrix would have a 4th row, Top Stripes Only.

Unless you mean 1 or 2 unauthorized liveries might've snuck out the door ... like Sonic Blue.

Pettyfan43

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2022
Patterson Ca.
Curious to see if the Yellow no stripe with only 16 miles on BaT brings Heritage money??

Reactions: Art138 and extrap

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I think although "stripe delete" was an option to have the vinyl side stripes omitted by the factory, many folks use the term to describe cars without the top stripe option, since the vast majority of the cars have the top stripes.

There's an old thread where I posted a bunch of different charts about the rarity of each configuration, see that here:

(Scroll down to post 17 for the most detailed breakdown.)

Reactions: KJD

GT57

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2022
The side is a sticker if I am not mistaken which can be easily removed. The main two stripes are stickers which is clear coated.

I think the car always comes with the side and owners remove them. I am just assuming and hopefully the community will answer this question better.
Both GT that I had the previous and current had no top strip. The first one had a side sticker which I removed. Current one is already removed by someone.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The top stripes are painted, not vinyl strips that are clear coated. The side stripes and Ford GT lettering are stickers and not clear coated. They are easily removed with a heat gun.

Reactions: Nafod

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I think the car always comes with the side and owners remove them.
Nope.

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
Technically a stripe delete car would have been optioned as such, and a “no-stripe” car would be sans the optional painted over the top stripes.

Always best to clarify if it’s important to the buyer as obviously there is confusion surrounding the topic.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
When I purchased my car many years ago called it "Stripe Delete" and was corrected many times that it was a "No Stripe". Stripe Delete has no top or side stripes. No Stripe has no top stripes but side stripes are present.

Reactions: pacettr

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I had my side stripes removed nearly a dozen years ago. It wasn’t what I would call easy.

I would guess the passage of time might make it even more challenging.

It is worth it tho.

.D94FC004-8939-4E06-ABAC-EA4CCF1237EC.jpeg

Reactions: KJD and extrap

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Previous owner removed them from mine and I like it. I really like that he left the "Ford GT" part of the decal because not everyone knows what it is. I also but on a Ford GT license plate frame since there is no badging on the back. Same reason. When I purchased it I also received a set of side stripe decals still in the box just in case I change my mind, but haven't.
Ford GT Rally 13.JPG