Stillen Splash Guard Mounting Question

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
I ordered the front and back guards after reading the suggestion here on the forum. How have you mounted them? They show using screws but I’m looking for alternatives. They come with adhesive strips but the contour does not match the car so they don’t “stick”

thanks in advance

Dan

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Dan. I didn’t think the double-sided tape would hold well enough. So in the front, I drilled into the inner front fender liners. I installed two push-pins, one at the top outer corner, and one at the bottom inner corner, and one screw in the middle. In the back I drilled into the fender liners and inner edge of the rear cover and installed 3 screws. Other people have put on more screws, but I think this is sufficient. I’ve had them on for a year and they haven’t loosened up yet.

See pics attached. Unfortunately, when I drove the car last week, and came up the private drive, I got a coat of wet dirt on the inside of the wheel wells because it’s a gravel road. But you should be able to see the push pins and screws.

Attachments

• FC7770F1-4F90-44D1-B54B-4DD9840FB3F6.jpeg
    FC7770F1-4F90-44D1-B54B-4DD9840FB3F6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • FB9AD222-A7FC-4368-8754-2681F3796691.jpeg
    FB9AD222-A7FC-4368-8754-2681F3796691.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
Dan. I didn’t think the double-sided tape would hold well enough. So in the front, I drilled into the inner front fender liners. I installed two push-pins, one at the top outer corner, and one at the bottom inner corner, and one screw in the middle. In the back I drilled into the fender liners and inner edge of the rear cover and installed 3 screws. Other people have put on more screws, but I think this is sufficient. I’ve had them on for a year and they haven’t loosened up yet.

See pics attached. Unfortunately, when I drove the car last week, and came up the private drive, I got a coat of wet dirt on the inside of the wheel wells because it’s a gravel road. But you should be able to see the push pins and screws.
Pete,
Thank you, the photos are helpful!

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
1646905810137.png

Reactions: GSix

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
10.000 and still attaced without and problems. I think I trimed an inch or so off the bottom as the car is lowered.

Reactions: GSix

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
10.000 and still attaced without and problems. I think I trimed an inch or so off the bottom as the car is lowered.
thank you

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I used a longer "christmas tree" fasteners in factory holes (push pins), and they have been on since the 2nd rally (2007), and over 10k miles. I did not use any screws front or rear.

Reactions: Shawn

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
I used a longer "christmas tree" fasteners in factory holes (push pins), and they have been on since the 2nd rally (2007), and over 10k miles. I did not use any screws front or rear.
Great idea! I will look into that, thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Got them at a home improvement store (home depot, or lowe's)

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Will both front and rear mount using factory holes?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Christmas Trees (auveco.com)

Seems most of the long ones have the extra top connector, but I guess that would be easy enough to cut off.

This might be a good one.

PILLAR COVER RETAINER (auveco.com)

I have bought from them before. Box of 25 is typically 10-15 bucks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Christmas Trees (auveco.com)

Seems most of the long ones have the extra top connector, but I guess that would be easy enough to cut off.

This might be a good one.

PILLAR COVER RETAINER (auveco.com)

I have bought from them before. Box of 25 is typically 10-15 bucks
I saw Christmas Trees at Home depot or Lowes not too long ago. Amazon has many styles/sizes - cross reference them to the Ford part.

My car ate the push-ones like crazy. These are the ones that hold the plastic parts in the engine compartment and the wheel well inserts. They are on amazon