Sticker shock

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The Braille I25X. This will be my next battery or something like it. On my third Optima in 6 years. They fail at the 3 year warranty mark. As they approach critical mass, they do start to spit acid from the 2 ports. Yes there is local paint damage. As these batteries use to last for a long time, It seem they are now engineered to fail at there warranty point. My car /battery is always on a tender when the car is parked. Optima's are junk.

Reactions: analogdesigner

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are the lithium batteries AGM style or wet cell?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bruce, did you get them at Ford or some other retailer?

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Are the lithium batteries AGM style or wet cell?
Lithium-ion batteries are dry just like phone batteries. You could also consider Antigravity Batteries out of Los Angeles, CA. They make Lithium car batteries with remote activiated jump starting feature that's really cool. Their Group 35/Q85 has the same dimensons as Group 25 batteries.

Last edited:

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Bruce, did you get them at Ford or some other retailer?
Hi Frank,
Last two where Oreilly's.. Don't recall the one before that, but probably from my Ford dealer in NY.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
^^^^^^ Reason number 856,924,862,961 why I have no interst in an electric car (yes probably an ignorant stance, but I dont care).....
Up to a nearly a trillion reasons! lol ...its too low to be our debt so there's that

Reactions: Specracer