Stasis Supercharger for R8

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I heard a couple of days ago some of the Audi dealers are installing Stasis (VF) superchargers on the R8 V8 without voiding the warranty. I got a quote yesterday and confirmed that indeed the factory warranty would be honored. Deciding whether to do it or not has become a little easier. :thumbsup

John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
How much is it? I think (not sure) the Twin Turbo kit produces 180 more HP vs around 100 more HP for the supercharger? Of course, maintaining the factory warranty is a big plus for most folks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The V-8 'charger itself lists at $24,995. The price for the V-10 unit hasn't been released yet, but, I should have that info before the end of the day.

Sluth Pockets

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
How much is it? I think (not sure) the Twin Turbo kit produces 180 more HP vs around 100 more HP for the supercharger? Of course, maintaining the factory warranty is a big plus for most folks.

Their showing a dyno chart of 548hp which is 138hp more than stock. Price is $24995 plus Audi is charging about 10k to install and wash your car.

John

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
$35,000 for the supercharger and install is pretty steep. Ouch.
Probably 60% of the price is the 'surcharge' for the privilege of keeping one's warranty.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The V-8 'charger itself lists at $2,995. The price for the V-10 unit hasn't been released yet, but, I should have that info before the end of the day.

Sluth Pockets

Price is $24995 plus Audi is charging about 10k to install and wash your car.

John

Obviously, I didn't hit the "4" key hard enough, did I! :lol

The fellow who was suppose to call me hasn't as yet, and wifey & I are now headed out to din-din. 'Will post his info when we return (if he has, in fact, called). He was at the SEMA booth all day today, so, who knows what the delay may be.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The V-8 'charger itself lists at $24,995. The price for the V-10 unit hasn't been released yet, but, I should have that info before the end of the day.

Okaaaaay, I got the phone call.

The V-10 s/c lists for $39,995. It will be available (at the earliest) in March - but, more likely in April. If you also want their brakes, wheels, exhaust, etc., you CAN save several thou by buying one of their "packages".

(Edit: BTW, the s/c provides 7-7.5 lbs of boost.)

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
$40k for a supercharger, plus install. Makes our $8000-$10,000 Whipples a steal !

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
$40k for a supercharger, plus install. Makes our $8000-$10,000 Whipples a steal !

Yes, but the 8 to 10K doesn't include the install, but it would be a lot less than 30K.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Not sure the $40k includes install for the V10?
For the V8 quoted above $25k plus $10k install - I bet they are upcharging the S/C for the V10 some.
It all seems crazy for me.
Adding $40k to a $160 V10 Audi R8 get pricey quickly. There are a lot of options at $200k

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Not sure the $40k includes install for the V10?

No. Install is in addition to that. According to the gentleman I talked to, it takes about 16 hrs to do the install, it can be done at any of their dealers, and it's done at shop rate.

Oh, BTW, the S/C provides 7-7.5 lbs of boost.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yikes, I'll pass!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I guess it's all how much you like the R8 and to me mine is exactly what I wanted. Then the decision would be between a V8 (charged) or the V10. I had a Gallardo and well I don't anymore. So charge it is, so now it would be between the TT or Supercharger. I would think the price is either the same or more for the TT. The performance is probably close enough to negate that, so with the supercharger I would still have 3 more years on my warranty. Hmm, I think without any other reasons I would take the supercharger. Now I plan to call another Audi dealer and see if I can work a better deal on the labor, but unless I am missing something the supercharger seems to be the way to go.
:banana

John

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
John
I'm a big fan of the R8 as well. I sold my V8 some time ago as it felt underpowered, otherwise I really liked the car. Been thinking about picking up a used V8 and either adding a S/C or TT, vs buying a V10. Haven't really decided yet, as I haven't driven in a V10. I did get the chance to ride in Heffner's TT R8 with him - very nice indeed.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
John
I'm a big fan of the R8 as well. I sold my V8 some time ago as it felt underpowered, otherwise I really liked the car. Been thinking about picking up a used V8 and either adding a S/C or TT, vs buying a V10. Haven't really decided yet, as I haven't driven in a V10. I did get the chance to ride in Heffner's TT R8 with him - very nice indeed.

I am really assuming since I owned the Gallardo it would be similar, but neither have I. I did get to sit in the S/C when one was being installed here and it was very nice, but at that time it wasn't approved by Audi. With that approval I now have a decision to make, if the TT was noticeably cheaper then that might sway me in that direction, but I believe it will come in at the 35k mark or more which would make me prefer to keep the warranty.

It is 57degrees here sun shining and a beautiful day. I had to go to my shop to make a part for a car I'm rebuilding and got to stretch the R8's legs. Now I'm really motivated to get some more horses.

John

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
John,

Do keep us posted. I saw the VF setup on an R8 done by my friends at Motorwerks, and it is truly an OEM quality piece. Look forward to your results....

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
John,

Do keep us posted. I saw the VF setup on an R8 done by my friends at Motorwerks, and it is truly an OEM quality piece. Look forward to your results....

Just got a quote from Jason on the TT. So I am pondering my choices. One part of me says go with the TT and the other says nice to have a factory warranty. Choices.

John

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
John, the V10 Audi r8 is MUCH MUCH different than the 2004 Gallardo that you had. I have two v10 Audi R8s that just came in. You may want to call me and ponder trading your V8 in for the V10 version. The V10 will produce as much power if not MORE than the supercharger on the v8 and be a newer car with lower miles and a factory v10 HP for about the same price difference as it will cost you to upgrade to the supercharger. CALL ME! :)
1-870-931-8004

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
John, the V10 Audi r8 is MUCH MUCH different than the 2004 Gallardo that you had. I have two v10 Audi R8s that just came in. You may want to call me and ponder trading your V8 in for the V10 version. The V10 will produce as much power if not MORE than the supercharger on the v8 and be a newer car with lower miles and a factory v10 HP for about the same price difference as it will cost you to upgrade to the supercharger. CALL ME! :)
1-870-931-8004

Shelby,
I need to think this over since I would really like a convertible. I have been looking at all sorts of options. Ok, ok, ok, let me think.

John