SS Help!!!!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Guys,

I have to make some choices on the Super Snake and I really don't know the difference on the following;

1. FRPP adj. Damper or Shelby/Eibach adj. ?

2. 725hp Kenny Bell JBA 3" or Borla (after Cats) ?

3. What do you guys think about window scoops or Block-off plates?

(My car is black) if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Shelby, Borla, block off plates. If you look for Samthe Jeepman's pictures, he has a picture of his Shelby with the block offs.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Shelby, Borla, block off plates. If you look for Samthe Jeepman's pictures, he has a picture of his Shelby with the block offs.

Agreed.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The folks that hang in the SS forum over at stangsunleased can probably answer most of your questions.
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=136

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
The folks that hang in the SS forum over at stangsunleased can probably answer most of your questions.
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=136

Yes, I have already posted there and did not get much help. I think the guys on this forum are much more informed about such things, right DBK:wink

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA

Do you think it makes a difference with Borla after Cats?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, my buddy has an '07 vert with the Borla's. Very civilized but loud when you need it.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
actually i did have a set of block off plates(made by saleen) on my gt500 and they looked great
i put a set of side louvers on the car and the block off plates did not look good with them, so i got a set of scoop type and installed them over the block off plates
everyone that has seen the car has said this is the way shelby should have sold it from the factory !!!

ps--tried the borla--too much interior drone--went with the corsa--very mild inside and awesome at the right rpm's

Last edited:

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
Sam,

Look Great, I got to come see you and hear that car. Here is mine, I just put in the Ford GT cams, Kook LT Headers, FR Exhaust, FR Short shifter, JDM Pulley & Tune, and the FR CAI kit, The car is loud with monsterous power with about 675-700 Bhp. I also have Shelby 20 Razor wheels with side scoops and quarter panel scoops. I also put in the Ford Racing Handling pack and lowered the car by 1.5 inches.

Mg

Attachments

• JRMG9976.jpg
    JRMG9976.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,094

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
DANG!!!!!!That thing is sharp!!!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
as usual mg, i would not expect anything less from you
looks awesome, can't wait to see and hear it.
really don't want to do too many proformance up-grades to the 500, want to keep it stock and be able to take off all the add-on's if need be.
hopefully by spring time, i will have the new saleen red/white 550 in the garage(plus the new challenger hemi). the new saleen 550 will be all the performance i will need from a mustang--lol

ciao for now
sam
#1451------red/white

Last edited:

drof gt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 10, 2006
Los Angeles
I believe they made changes to the mods. The Shelby/Eibach suspension is for the 700+ and the Ford racing suspension is on the 600hp car. Maybe the Shelby/Eibach is still an option for the 600hp car. The borla exhaust is now on both. Take a look at the the update

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12944

I like the block off plates.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Sam,

Look Great, I got to come see you and hear that car. Here is mine, I just put in the Ford GT cams, Kook LT Headers, FR Exhaust, FR Short shifter, JDM Pulley & Tune, and the FR CAI kit, The car is loud with monsterous power with about 675-700 Bhp. I also have Shelby 20 Razor wheels with side scoops and quarter panel scoops. I also put in the Ford Racing Handling pack and lowered the car by 1.5 inches.

Mg

Love the scoops! That's getting added to my SS order for sure. Thanks:thumbsup