Spring has Sprung!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Just got home from taking my GT out from under the cover, and off the charger. Did the startup procedure as detailed (thanks for the info), started right up, gauges all working (phew) let the extra air out of the tires, went and topped off the tank with some fresh fuel and tomorrow it goes out to Detailing Dynamics: http://www.detailingdynamics.com/
for some pre-driving season love and attention. I dropped off the NSX last week and will pick it up and drop off the GT. I put about 15 miles on and checked the fluids afterwards, car is such a blast to drive, I didn't push the happy pedal or get out of 2nd gear, but just love the sound, feel and look of the car. I wish that they'd fill in the damn potholes that are everywhere so I can stop driving like I'm DUI as I weave all over the road to avoid the mess. What a great car!!!:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
The road at the top of my street is strewn with potholes from 6 inches to 12 inches... it may be 2012 before I can get a GT out. The god for the Raptor or I would be home bound. Stu

H

HHGT

Move to California its always spring time here....

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Ditto for Florida

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
6 more weeks, min, for me :(

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm driving the GT to Sears Point/Infineon tomorrow to pick up my arm restraints for the Mojave Mile. Then it's off for a fun run across the GG bridge, through San Francisco & onto Skyline Blvd where I'll meet BlackIce at Alice's for a LeMans burger. It'll be 68 & sunny. Nice roads & weather - the only good things about CA! (There are some nice people I know that live here also.)

Ed

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
It's 55 in NYC

Above 60 for nxt week forecast

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
brrrr 58/60/68

86+ today, 90's starting Monday, low desert breeze...almost perfect.

And the GT is 1,200 miles away, jus waiting for me to go home for a visit!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was in the mid-seventies for me all this past week...'course, wifey & I were in 'Vegas, but...

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
It'only 45 degrees out, and sunny, due to hit mid 50's today, just got home from dropping off the GT and picking up the NSX, they did a fantastic job on the NSX, can't wait until next week til I go and pick up the GT all clean and purdy!!! It was a nice 50 mile drive, took it real slow and easy as can't get any warmth in the tires and don't want to go sideways!!!! Still just love the sound and feel!!!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
To all you guys that are bathing in 75+ weather.....could you not be so insensitive to the rest of us that have been ibernating in this East Coast weather?

Thank you............(of course just LOL )

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Hard to imagine that you would call we mere retired earthlings -insensitive--as it's time to get you Batmobile out of the Cave and go play dodge the pot holes game again. At extra legal speeds for the bonus round points!

H

HHGT

To all you guys that are bathing in 75+ weather.....could you not be so insensitive to the rest of us that have been ibernating in this East Coast weather?

Gino, just for you I'm going to take the GT out today with just my thongs on - nothing else.... Let me know if you want me to post some picture...

Also, please send me one of those NY heavy duty Gold chains to wear around my neck...I think it would go well as a Thong Accessory...

H

HHGT

I was in the mid-seventies for me all this past week...'course, wifey & I were in 'Vegas, but...

Did you run into your buddies at the Wynn...:ack:ack

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York

C'mon Gino, take that beauty out and stretch it's legs a little bit. I put the NSX away and just did my first outdoor wash of the season on my DD instead of taking it to the hand wash. Dodging potholes is a major sport this time of year. coming home from LI and the detailer, the Cross Island Pkwy was down to one lane as they were doing "repairs" on the other two.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
For all you guys, you should know back in early february I was asked to bring some cars in front of the NY Library, for the final day of filming of the April 8th release of the movie remake ARTHUR.......One of those cars was my GT............the snow was still over 3 feet all over the city...you could imagine the suburbs.........I did it, took it on the chin...(what we do for money..I really wonder at times) I showed up with my 66 vette, my FR500s, a friends Murci, (i think he was nuts ) the original back to the future delorean, the original general lee,scooby doo van the Val Kilmer Batmobile and my GT............I would challenge anyone on this Forum that would of done what I did with my GT.............of course they were all trucked in...lmao

and yes Sam....it was a hot 24 degrees that day...and I was not in my thongs TYVM......

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I was just about to sit down for dinner but after the talk about some of you in thongs, I have lost my appetite and the visual has blinded me.

Stu

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It was close to 70 today & the Pacific Ocean was now calm. Very beautiful. I picked up my Sparco arm restraints at Wine Country Motorsports at Sears Point. While we were there we checked out the new Lexus LFAs on the track. They sounded great but the angular/chiseled looks are not for me. I'm more the rounded/smooth line type car guy. Skyline Blvd was fabulous as the I flicked the GT from one corner to the next. Not one single cop seen. Heaven. I met up with BlackIce at Alice's where he prepared my laptop for data logging at the upcoming Mojave Mile ( thanks BlackIce!!!). Plus BlackIce picked up the tab for the LeMans burgers & beer!!! Alice's was great as we had lunch & watched Ferrari's, Lambo's, Ducati's, etc file by the mecca of cool Bay Area motor stuff. What a great day.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 101

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oh, I'm sure of you may want to see the LFAs. Not my cup of tea.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0536.jpg