Spring compressor for changing shocks for DIY

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
I am planning on changing shock absorbers soon and was wondering if there are any reasonable/good/not crappy Chinese spring compressor kits for the factory coilovers? I do not need a $2000 machine, but open to a reasonable setup. I am in South FL too.

I could always ship to Kendall or other places, but was hoping not to be down for 2 weeks at a time. And, wondering if anyone can make a suggestion that was easy and works well AND Safe. I have circlip pliers and ready to tackle this job. Thanks everyone!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I made a promise to my self that I would not use "death sticks" ever again. I debated between the OTC and the Branick (both around $900). I got the OTC strut tamer. Point here is OTC also has a lesser expensive "clamshell" (~$250 on line)

Maybe others have better options

Reactions: Hydra GT

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks Specracer! I see the OTC and Branick 7600 are interesting options.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Strut tamer and the Branick are the best, top of the line. The OTC clamshell is a much less expensive option. Good luck with what ever you choose.

I would bet you could also find a local shop to do this for you, but if your like us, you like to to do it your self.

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks! Branick 7600 ordered. Needed an excuse for a new gadget :) thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Reactions: Specracer