Speedlingerie - thanks

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I just drove by the Speedlingerie shop (another advantage of living in the Bay Area) and had them install the FGT bra and mirror cover I ordered a few months ago. To be clear, they build them to order in about a week, but since I'm local, they offered to fit it to the car if I drove over there. It was the first time we were able to sync up.
Well, I couldn't be happier. The fit is perfect, the design seems outstanding and the folks over there couldn't be a finer group of guys. My 18 year-old son came with me and, on the way home he said (unsolicited), 'Boy those are some nice guys who really seem to enjoy their work. Lucky guys'.
Yep.
Rich
P.S. Perfunctory 'Safe Harbor Act' reference goes here - I have no association nor do I have any financial relationship with SpeedLingerie blah blah...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Did you get a bra with the little window that allows the Blue Oval to be seen?

If i was doing it again I would have them eliminate it. Mine has never fit right, sent it back three times to Rich. Maybe when it warms up, i can stretch it a bit more. Last time I sent it back it was returned with a blue pen mark, mine is white :(

Still like the bra better than 3m but can't say I am a really happy camper.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Bony it is obvious you are a bra-less fan anyhow

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got mine back after another adjustment, but it's still too cold to put it on. While I'm greatly pleased with the protection, some of the fit has been off. They used Awsum's car for the prototype, and I think the white cars are all out of shape, that's why the rest of us colors are having a problem.

H

HHGT

I think the white cars are all out of shape.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
The oval on mine did not line up, and the Midnight Blue color is pretty far off. Sent email with pictures, no response. http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5408&stc=1&d=1204567800

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 289

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, Shelby, that is a mismatch color. My red looks very good and people don't even realize it's there, much less the mirror covers.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I just love this forum!! Rich just called me and is sending down new color swatches to match the car!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rick ,
Could you let me know how the color matches when you get your new one. I would also like to know how the fit is and how easy or difficult it is to fit.
thanks Ron

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Ron,
I would be happy to. It will be some time in April, since my car is not due back from the Gt Guys until then.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Shelby,
I'm really on the fence regarding the bra thing . For me the fit and color must be perfect as well as no worry about any paint damage.
I eagerly await your opinion...Ron

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
roket, my red bra and mirror covers have been fabulous for protection. My mirror covers have fit great since day one. The original bras had a billowing problem over the front bumper. They took it back and made changes no charge; however, the left side was still lifting, and they have made new changes. It's still cold here and i have not put it back on yet to see the alterations. I've had mine on for 1 1/2 years, driven in all kinds of weather, lots of rain, and no scratching whatsoever. I do have 10 coats of Zaino on though. It takes about 15-20m mintues to get it on, but it comes off quickly. Here in the Midwest, bugs are a real killer, and the bra is a real saviour. The mesh in front of the grill (my '05 has a grill) catches a lot of debris. The headlight and foglight covers are protected. I also have the license plate holder which I don't use, but if the police would give me a hard time, it takes only a minute to put it on. I have pictures in my gallery. FJP

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
that looks good

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I don't know about other's experience, but the 3 or 4 bras I've had in the past (on other veicles) always wound up scratching the vehicles paint from rubbing. I think the clear bra solution is better, unless you have clear bra under the material, and I'm not sure if it wouldn't get the rub marks too. Also, where do you store it in the car when it's not installed?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I too have had similar experiences to Ralphie. I do have the clear bra and think its terrific. The added protection of the bra on long drives gives me that xtra sense of security .Or false security !
FJP's pics in his gallery are promising !
I may give it a try ..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
jdoc has one for sale cheap. See his posts and I'll get my commision from him. I only take mine off to wash the car. After I wash, I put on another coat of Zaino and then reinstall the bra. It is, essentially, never off my car. I don't want a sagging front end. As I said, over 8000 miles, all kinds of weather and no scratching. I think the other owners would confirm no scratching.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I only take mine off to wash the car.

It is, essentially, never off my car.

I think the other owners would confirm no scratching.

Yep, same here :thumbsup [Black bras are sexier than Red, and whole lot more so than White]:biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Well I did it ,got my speed line bra!!
I should state in all fairness that I was skeptical ,very skeptical .Having never had a liking or good experience with the bras of yesteryear's. But this is not what we think.The bras we think of are made of crap materials and fit like ,well you know what.I can not get over the quality and fit.The materials used are so superior you have to see it to believe it. Get rid of your misconceptions and check this out .It actually fits and matches like the pictures on there web site !!! Wow imagine that ,a company that makes a product as good or even better than they claim!!! Unheard of today really!!!Very cool ,Very nice !!!
Give them a call .They spent 30 minutes explaining all about it to me.