Speedhut issue

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Backed car out to load Christmas lights in attic and when I pulled it back in and checked temp gauge to make sure it was warmed up. I was reading 185 and then just dropped to 0. Tried restarting same issue. May replace with the OEM that had bad oil pressure gauge which i have from the new replacements offered.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Speedhut has a life time warranty

Ed

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Follow up from Speedhut
Gary,

When you power on the gauge does the pointer do a little bounce off of zero? If so, that would indicate to me that the gauges still has a good connection on the plug in the dash. I would recommend testing your factory temp sender to make sure it has a good connection and verify if it is faulty.

Thanks,

Reactions: Ed Sims

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I have noticed a similar issue with my Speedhut temperature gauge. It seems to occur occasionally during engine warm up, but will return to the correct reading at full operating temperature.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I have not messed with this yet but did start it up yesterday and same issue. When I turn on ignition it bounces a little off 0 then falls back to the peg. I will drive up to operating temp before I change out the sensor unit. Have not reaserched what is involved in changing it yet.

My Speedhut temp gauge has always been a little funny on start up. It starts at zero, then after a couple of minutes goes up to about 200, stays there for a few seconds, then drops back down to almost zero. After that it behaves normally, so I've never messed with it.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks I hope to have the same issue and can live with that!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Got car out this afternoon and gauge started working slowly and bounced around as it was rising. Took quite some time to get up to 180 but seemed to work correctly after warm up. Not sure what’s up but it must not be the sending unit I’ll watch and do nothing for now.