Spedo Pick up O-ring

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Already checked with Torrie, seems it is not sold seperatly. Anyone have a source for the o-ring for the spedo pick up in the transaxle? Mine is stretched out, and will not stay in the groove, to allow it to be reinstalled. I will take it out, and try a couple o-rings, and get it eventually, but hope some one says, "yeah this is it"... Look "here".....

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Already checked with Torrie, seems it is not sold seperatly. Anyone have a source for the o-ring for the spedo pick up in the transaxle? Mine is stretched out, and will not stay in the groove, to allow it to be reinstalled. I will take it out, and try a couple o-rings, and get it eventually, but hope some one says, "yeah this is it"... Look "here".....

Go to your local hardware store and match one up from the small parts drawers.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

If you can't find one just use some silicone..

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I have never found a suitable replacement although if you go to a hydraulic and hose supply house with a full selection of metric o-rings you should be able to match it up. The last couple of failed ones I've done just ended up getting new VSS's because they are so reasonably priced.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thank you all. I have it out and will match one up. Yes the whole pick up is only $21, and that is an option, but it is a $.50 o ring, hope to find something suitable, and think I will.