Sore need of tires

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I purchased from Radial. The toughest part was getting hold of Bill. Once we connected, he could not have been more accommodating. I paid more than the Amazon numbers, but what I received was well worth it, piece of mind from someone knowledgeable. Bill even called me back to to tell me the tires were all 25th week of 2021. As a retailer of high end flooring and cabinets, my clients appreciate our expertise. Sure one can buy items for less money on line, but is one really receiving what they think?. Answer? No. Thank you to all of you who helped me on this quest. Honestly, I felt if Tire Rack didn't have the tires I was screwed. This is a great group.
I would have rather bought from a "person" than Amazon but after exhausting my local resources(I work in auto repair so plenty) and on a time constraint Amazon got my $$$$. Maybe we should do a sticky for Bill's tires

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I purchased from Radial. The toughest part was getting hold of Bill. Once we connected, he could not have been more accommodating. I paid more than the Amazon numbers, but what I received was well worth it, piece of mind from someone knowledgeable. Bill even called me back to to tell me the tires were all 25th week of 2021. As a retailer of high end flooring and cabinets, my clients appreciate our expertise. Sure one can buy items for less money on line, but is one really receiving what they think?. Answer? No. Thank you to all of you who helped me on this quest. Honestly, I felt if Tire Rack didn't have the tires I was screwed. This is a great group.
I started with them as one of my sponsors in racing.
And have now done business with them ever since. That was 25 plus years ago!
I’ve turned a lot of people on to them.A great company! Plus you are talking to Bill one of the owners..

Reactions: RPM217

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Just curious, can you please give me a ballpark of what did you end up paying for all 4 tires? I ask because mine are getting old and I plan to replace within next year. Thanks!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
$1800, including mounting and balancing and disposing of the old ones.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Like everything else, they have become a lot more expensive lately.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just curious, can you please give me a ballpark of what did you end up paying for all 4 tires? I ask because mine are getting old and I plan to replace within next year. Thanks!
He is generally cheaper than TR
Whatever the price is fair and you get a good build date. You can’t do better in my opinion

Reactions: 93extxdps

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If radial is out I’d be surprised
If they are I have an extra set of them if you need

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Thanks!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I purchase my tires from my Ford dealer. 1 to 2 day service direct from Goodyear. Never a problem with date codes or pricing. At 142K, I'm on my 3rd pair in the front and either the 5th or 6th pair on the other end. Two flat tires along the way. Both on the rears. One was caused by a screw and the other a nail. Both plugged and patched and driven until the wear bars disappeared.

Reactions: GT@50

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Jeff, you are in for a pleasant surprise at your next set now that the Goodyears are no longer produced.

Reactions: PL510*Jeff

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I had not heard that. I'll still buy tires from my dealer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Bridgestones were available at Costco and Amazon.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I had not heard that. I'll still buy tires from my dealer.
Like Mr. Ford said in the movie, "I had no idea". I couldn't believe how much better the car felt when I put the Bridgestone's on. Of course, the Goodyear's were 15 years old.
I picked up a nail and screw in each rear tire too. Figures since they cover as much road as two normal tires. I patched them but put them on the shelf for an emergency. I do not want a blowout at the track! If it was all street, no sweat.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Like Mr. Ford said in the movie, "I had no idea". I couldn't believe how much better the car felt when I put the Bridgestone's on. Of course, the Goodyear's were 15 years old.
I picked up a nail and screw in each rear tire too. Figures since they cover as much road as two normal tires. I patched them but put them on the shelf for an emergency. I do not want a blowout at the track! If it was all street, no sweat.
plug and patch works

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I do know however that Bill @Radial Tire hasa lot of the Scuderi rear bridgestones and a lot on the proper Bridgestone N1 front tires available.
Be sure to talk to Bill

265/40RZR18 Bridgesone Potenza REO50 A N1
345/35ZR19 Bridgestone Potenza REO50A Scuderia
Radial tire company
301-585-2740
Bill Elomari

Hope this helps
[/QUOTE]

AtlasGT

Sep 24, 2021
I just recently bought a one owner GT, and it still has the original tires. I’m going to order new tires this spring when I get the car out, so I have a question for you guys who went with this tires mentioned above. The measurements are just slightly off from the original tire heights, how does it actually look on the car? No issues with any worse wheel gap?
Thanks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The bridgestones fit perfectly and look great. They are a little sticky but that is the advantage when cold first thing out of the garage

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The Bridgestones fit great and look perfect. I actually think the fronts look a little better as they are just a bit wider, maybe 1/4" (?) whereas the OEM 235 width Goodyears look just a tad narrow on the rim to me. And as far as I can tell, and from others' feedback here, they don't rub either.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just put yourself out of misery and call Radial Tire!

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Ordered a full set from Tire Rack on 2/19 and received them on the 25th... they've gone up about $500 since 2020.

I didn't know about Radial Tire until I saw this thread - as they are spoken very highly of on this forum; will look at them on the next order.

I've put about 6,000 miles on this set and measuring down to the wear bars on the new tires vs. the old set, it looks like I'm at about 70% wear right now... so maybe 8,500 miles before I change them. Does that sound about right for the Bridgestones?

Dan