So who's up for a cold Air Kit????

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Plasma coating may provide a better thermal barrier (minimally more expensive) and is definitely better at staying attached to the subject metals. I used it on my exhaust (stainless steel) after the jet black coating began to flake off. I'm not sure if it can be used on aluminum.

Thanks for the update Rich, looking forward to the new toys. What kind of MAF did you use? I had some problems with low RPM tuning of the SCT MAF.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Very co-incidental time. My tuner has been working on a one off intake for me in carbon fiber for a few months now. He recently sent me some pics of the prototype on my car. His findings are very much similar in terms of gains. His motivation was in how much HP was lost with the engine cover down.

Here's look at ours:

p1010110n.jpg

p1010111y.jpg

p1010112v.jpg

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
I'm am 100% interested - what might the build time frame look like and indicative pricing??

Thanks!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Here ya go Brian, im turning the foam into carbon tubes from the feed hole in the clam to the factory air box hole. Then also going to make a tube that goes behind the rear wheel where people are putting the air cleaners or turbos back there. These will then go in a carbon clamb, Cosmetic bottom. I'll have some pics of that in the next week. The white fiberglass clamb dummies are just for mockn up the tubes.

Attachments

• 104_1079.JPG
    104_1079.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 245

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Here ya go Brian, im turning the foam into carbon tubes from the feed hole in the clam to the factory air box hole. Then also going to make a tube that goes behind the rear wheel where people are putting the air cleaners or turbos back there. These will then go in a carbon clamb, Cosmetic bottom. I'll have some pics of that in the next week. The white fiberglass clamb dummies are just for mockn up the tubes.

Hey Dan the Fender looks great !! :thumbsup Can't wait to see all the parts when your done..