So i checked out a car today and need members advices

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
blue no stripe car in florida? If so I'd like to own that car also but I feel at current time $420 is a bit high for it, it was 449 i beleive. But it's a buyers market so if someone is willing then it will sell at some point.

The Blue no stripe car has less miles then 4,000 and is owned by my former dealership I worked at. Less then 2,000 miles I believe unless they started driving it since the father passed.

Reactions: Special K

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I’ve owned 3 Porsche GT cars. FGT is stout with a very rigid chassis. A lightweight CF frunk lid and clamshell are gonna flex compared to a P-car big frunk lid and a small engine lid. Different designs. Nothing flimsy about the FGT
I agree. I have never touched a FGT in real life and some parts felt more flexible than how i imagined it to be.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I’ve owned 3 Porsche GT cars. FGT is stout with a very rigid chassis. A lightweight CF frunk lid and clamshell are gonna flex compared to a P-car big frunk lid and a small engine lid. Different designs. Nothing flimsy about the FGT
When I got my 911 turbo (as a daily), the light doors and the aluminum frunk lid felt light / flimsy to me. I guess it’s all a matter of what you’re used to!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The Blue no stripe car has less miles then 4,000 and is owned by my former dealership I worked at. Less then 2,000 miles I believe unless they started driving it since the father passed.

I'm talking about centerpunches blue no stripe car. Advertised with 3600 miles or so and originally out of ohio new. Is there another car down there blue with no stripes? I'm looking for either yellow no stripe or blue right now.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are you watching the Black car on BaT this morning? It might be a great market indicator.

They should have another up within a day or two of today's conclusion so if you like it you have at least a week to get a PPI.

Reactions: Hydra GT

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I'm talking about centerpunches blue no stripe car. Advertised with 3600 miles or so and originally out of ohio new. Is there another car down there blue with no stripes? I'm looking for either yellow no stripe or blue right now.

Yes sir. Karl Flammer Ford Tarpon Springs got one new and there was a wait for the stripes and they wanted it now and took it no stripes. It might even be on MSO. Karl past away about a year or so ago and They put it up for sale. I don't think it sold yet. PM me with your contact and I will get you in touch with the right person.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Obviously things can get painted and fixed and then you can put PPF on it. My feeling is if you’re going to spend that kind of money go out and find the best car you can afford.
You will never regret it
My car has 56K on it it’s completely clear filmed has no chips or defects.You would never guess it has more than 10k on it
I will say I do not write up peoples back sides I am very careful to stay away from construction vehicles. Just my 02

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Obviously things can get painted and fixed and then you can put PPF on it. My feeling is if you’re going to spend that kind of money go out and find the best car you can afford.
You will never regret it
My car has 56K on it it’s completely clear filmed has no chips or defects.You would never guess it has more than 10k on it
I will say I do not write up peoples back sides I am very careful to stay away from construction vehicles. Just my 02

i agree. i want a clean car.

Reactions: roketman

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
You could post a WTB ad in the Sale section here: https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forums/gts-for-sale.11/ (think you gotta have paid forum member status to do that)

Other than that, besides checking the online sources like Auto Trader etc,, eBay, and the auctions, I'd keep asking around and asking around and eventually the right deal will surely come up. I know some don't like Auto Trader, eBay etc, but you just never know, and you only need one. If nothing else, it'll help you keep up with the market.

Good luck!

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What was the factory paint color of the GT that you looked at? Some colors are harder to maintain than others. The frunk is tricky too, because as mentioned, it's fiberglass, not aluminum.

CarsintheCanyon-6307.jpg

Reactions: F Pilot and digman1

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
So I followed up last night and received a message from the dealer principal that the Blue no stripe car was sold on Saturday. Sorry for those in the hunt as it would have made a good car. Thanks and good luck with your search to find a good car.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
i agree. i want a clean car.

Mine is sooo dirty right now, it looks like it just left the set of a Mad Max film. Just the way I like it....😁

I hope you bag your beauty and enjoy it as much as I am. Rich told me when I bought his car that I would love it and, I must say, it has exceeded all of my expectations. A true joy. Around 2 months of ownership and almost 6000 miles. 500 miles shy of its next oil change and second set or rear tires ordered.

Good luck with your search. You’re perfect car is out there.

Attachments

• F803093B-F5B1-4AE7-A649-8BAD1B7B8994.jpeg
    F803093B-F5B1-4AE7-A649-8BAD1B7B8994.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: digman1 and extrap

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
6000 miles in 2 months is righteous. Keep on truckin’. And when you drive it that much (like I do), it’s always gonna have some road grime on it. Except for a couple days after you wash it. I don’t have the patience to wash it twice a week either.

Here’s a picture of mine after driving through rain and road work in North Dakota on the way to Rally 12 4 years ago.

Attachments

• F3462678-3221-4C55-A72E-51355FD3E2BE.jpeg
    F3462678-3221-4C55-A72E-51355FD3E2BE.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
6000 miles in 2 months is righteous. Keep on truckin’. And when you drive it that much (like I do), it’s always gonna have some road grime on it. Except for a couple days after you wash it. I don’t have the patience to wash it twice a week either.

Here’s a picture of mine after driving through rain and road work in North Dakota on the way to Rally 12 4 years ago.

Thats Awesome Pete.

Fiji_99

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Indiana
Does anyone know what the Blue stripe delete ended up selling for? Assuming at least $400k since they were asking $420k?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Does anyone know what the Blue stripe delete ended up selling for? Assuming at least $400k since they were asking $420k?

320 hint hint :D

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
320 hint hint :D

Not uh! You can't be serious!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009