So California Viper - Ford GT "One Day of the Condor Run" Sept 14th, 2013

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Fellow Ford GT Brothers:

Here is the So Cal Ford GT Run for the end of summer through the Los Padres National Forest. We have decided to invite members of the So Cal Viper club to join us as a non official event. We have stalled in arranging a run for So Cal FGT owners this last spring-summer time block. This will be the Saturday after the National Rally in Sonoma, but it is a one day run, and is spectacular. It will be great to get both icons of American sports cars together. Many Ford GT owners own vipers and the So Cal Viper guys are total car guys. This is not an official club sponsored event. We know run below to be a superb place to let these machines run. There is very little if any traffic, and we have constructed the run to end up on the Interstate 5, at Frazier Park, that will allow everyone easy return access to multiple freeways towards the San Fernando Valley south.

Planned starting point is Denny's off Roxford and I-5 in Sylmar (12861 Encinitas Ave, Sylmar, CA 91342). There is a Chevron Station at the same address. We then take I-5 north to Lebec. Westward through Frazier Park to the Lockwood Valley turn-off. We will tranverse the Lockwood Valley to Hwy 33. Then north along a unpopulated Maricopa Hwy to 166. Then back along the Noroeste Rd, crest of Mt. Pinos to Frazier Park. BBQ and Pizza and Mexican restaurants are available.

This will be a great event, great people, great cars, and excellent BBQ. If you are interested in joining this run, please place affirmative comment on this thread. Totals are needed for lunch reservations. Should be finished with lunch by 1:00 PM.

ViperFGTCondorRun9-13_zpsa9417a62.jpg

FLY GT40 + 1 Viper + I Vette
Ralphie
Mid Nite Blu
the Wizard
AtomicGT
PL510*Jeff
Greg-TT
KJRGT
heritagebruce - sans GT, in family van! You can drive your viper, you know!
AMB - San Diego

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
If I was 3000 miles closer to you, I'd be in on that run. Really sounds like a blast!!

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Looks like a lot of fun. One friend has a viper and one a Z06 can I invite both?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Well, I don't know................................................................

Count Me In!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup​

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'd love to make this, but seeing as I'll be gone the week before the Rally as well as attending the Rally (without my wife who will be home watching the kids), I think taking ANOTHER trip down to SoCal for this will be seriously pushing my luck. So, put me down as a maybe:)

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Sounds like a perfect fit for me!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Eric......I'm in. I'll bring my GT. Time to kill some more bugs.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'd love to make this, but seeing as I'll be gone the week before the Rally as well as attending the Rally (without my wife who will be home watching the kids), I think taking ANOTHER trip down to SoCal for this will be seriously pushing my luck. So, put me down as a maybe:)

Bring her along - It's only 1 day, and pretty close to you!!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Bring her along - It's only 1 day, and pretty close to you!!

We don't have anyone to watch the kids for an entire day. So unless I can cram both of them in the front compartment and fashion some complex ventilation system, that's a no go.:ack

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Looks like a lot of fun. One friend has a viper and one a Z06 can I invite both?

I don't see an issue with either automobile. All is good. Right Ralphie?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
We don't have anyone to watch the kids for an entire day. So unless I can cram both of them in the front compartment and fashion some complex ventilation system, that's a no go.:ack

There are 50 other weekends you can make it up to the Mrs. during this calendar year, n'est pas?
Something about "diamonds are forever", could solve the problem?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Wo ist der Burgermeister der Ford GT, KJRGT???

Can you make this one? You were beating on me earlier this spring to come up with a run?

Last edited:

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Great!! I will be arriving home just before the event from a long stay in oversea.
I'm still upset about missing the ralley but hope this makes up for it a little...

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA

I feel ya Ed. Having 3 kids under 4 does make my car life uneasy...

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Wo ist der Burgermeister der Ford GT, KGRGT???

Can you make this one? You were beating on me earlier this spring to come up with a run?

Ja Sir Herr Eric The Great! I am on it.

I was not getting on you to do a run, I was being selfish saying it was time for someone new to take the lead and pull together a drive for us. Did not work. Glad you can be counted on.

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Sorry for the "G" error

Most excellent. I requested the DMV LEGACY 1960s personalized plates for the GT

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Sorry for the "G" error

Most excellent. I requested the DMV LEGACY 1960s personalized plates for the GT

With a specific request?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes - he asked for "Trauma"

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Herr Burgermeister,

Here are the web addresses for the Legacy California Plates, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s plates available. One has to fill out pdf file, mail in check and if they get enough orders they will make the plates. Can be personalized or sequential. I chose Black/Yellow plates (1960s), added a personal phrase related to Le Mans, and sent it in. I have no idea when this will be approved, if ever.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm

pdf file
http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17L.pdf

Glad to see the Midnight Blue will be on the Condor Run. Now we need a few more GTs, like Mid Nite Blu, and others out in the Orange Co-San Diego Co area. Maybe need Ralphie to rattle Mid Nite's bird cage?

AtomicGT

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Dr. Frank

traumaplate_zpsb028c965.jpg
is taken

But these are available? We should register your Red GT in California before you come to the ralley.

traumaplate2_zps9a2a40cc.jpg

traumaplate1_zps22c0a913.jpg