Small hydraulic fluid leak from aero flap mechanism

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Thank you! So despite the stoppers being installed they still recommend that the wing be stored in the deployed position. Very interesting. Must still be a small chance that they would fail and allow contact with the body.
I have done may of the rear wing bump stop and there is only less then 5% that may continue to have body contact this is why Ford says to keep storing your ford gt with the wing up.....

Joe

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Good to know. Thanks Joe!

Reactions: italianjoe

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Does anyone have pictures with bump stops installed. My 19 is at Galpin right now for the hydraulic leak at the front end and the service manager said there two available fixes for this problem. Tech supposed to call me tomorrow to discuss.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Does anyone have pictures with bump stops installed. My 19 is at Galpin right now for the hydraulic leak at the front end and the service manager said there two available fixes for this problem. Tech supposed to call me tomorrow to discuss.
From a 2021... Guessing this might be what you looking for. Other item is the hard plastic post that seems to be part of the aero brake feature.
Car is parked with the wing up. Additional info: the 2021 car cover from Ford during ordering was unavailable/delayed while it was modified to make room for the deployed wing while in place.
Bruce
IMG_2309.jpegIMG_2317.jpeg

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Wow great color, any photos of entire car? Is car in NY or AZ?

Reactions: GTMD

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
They drill holes in body panels...still recommend leaving the wing up though as I understand.

What is leaking?

Reactions: Stef and italianjoe

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
From a 2021... Guessing this might be what you looking for. Other item is the hard plastic post that seems to be part of the aero brake feature.
Car is parked with the wing up. Additional info: the 2021 car cover from Ford during ordering was unavailable/delayed while it was modified to make room for the deployed wing while in place.
Bruce
View attachment 65146View attachment 65147

Thank you Bruce.

Reactions: Nafod

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
They drill holes in body panels...still recommend leaving the wing up though as I understand.

What is leaking?

Aero Flap mechanism in the frontal area is seeping.

Reactions: ByeEnzo

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Has anyone not had any hydraulic leaks?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Oh ya!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Has anyone not had any hydraulic leaks?

So far, so good here

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
None here. Almost 6000 miles.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
So far nothing I know of 4200 miles

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yes at 14k

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
None yet here but I'm only at 210 miles so far :)

Reactions: Ed Sims

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Over 6700 miles I had leaks in front aero and rear aero. The rear is the scary one as the fluid can drip onto the exhaust system, which is a fire risk.

Reactions: italianjoe