Sls

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If you didn’t know, I mysteriously found a deal on an SLS. So for the foreseeable future, this is my DD. Sorry ‘bout the ****ty video but you guys need to hear this car. It’s seven layers of badass with a candy flavored ****-you icing that makes it super fun to cut loose on unsuspecting stock sports cars. It’s not really that fast but it doesn't need to be THAT fast to make you want to sell your children’s future and get one in every color.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
i just looked at one for the wife - but she wanted a XJ..... nice car Mark!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats Mark, i was looking at one too but decided against it

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'd definitely rock one

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Mysteriously??

I really love the sound of these things!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
It does roar nicely. Very cool.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I agree. One of the best sounding engines out there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That can't be Texas. I see clouds in the sky/.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
I drove one and thought the same thing, but wanted to wait for the majority of depreciation to take place before joining the owners club. How good was the deal that you mysteriously found?

Do tell...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I will tell you that the is not nearly as civil as I expected. It's a down-right ruff ride. Mercedes has a weak LCD interface IMHO, I can't believe that still don't have touch screen or Bluetooth streaming audio and small on the inside, VERY small. Do not buy this car if you are over 6'1". Other than that and the price, everybody should own one. It's a show stopper when those doors come up and the motor pulls like a freight train, sounds like its pulling a freight train too. Inspite of the viper noose on this car, it's actually faily well balanced and where it is weak on lateral traction, the stability control makes up for without screwing up the feel of the car.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm not sure I follow their logic? I was waiting for $10,000 service bills or something. Gas, interests and depreciation are the "cost of ownership" factors. Welcome to the world of cool cars. Even the GT needs a little TLC.

I do expect to get nicked in the ands the first time I need new rear tires.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
The article is a little harsh or offers some great insite as if the world didn't know there is a cost to owning vehicles. Just interesting that the sls sits on top. I suspect it will depreciate to a point and slow down significantly probably at the 2.5 to 3 year mark. The R8 seems to follow that path. Save buying used. In regards to the ride MB realized the screw up in the ride versus the demographics they were catering to. It is not a collectible so those who buy them as daily drivers are looking at getting rid of them. In response MB has added the electromagentic or adjustable suspension starting with the convertable and now the gull wing.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Going to look at the SLS this Thursday. Red with white interior and black accents. Does not have any carbon trim (anywhere), no B/O sound, no CC brakes. 3.8K miles and not driven since the death of the original owner back in October of last year.

About three years ago, purchased this fellows 57 TBird, a beautiful (he owned it for better than 40 years) car and as a fortunate consequence of this purchase, we became good friends. His widow, believes his SLS would be a nice addition to my collection. A friend of the family is handling the sales of the remaining cars in the deceased's collection and tells me this car's appraised value is $179K. Think this number is way high based on the SLS cars @ Shelby's location where they appear to be pretty well loaded with options, better color choices and lower miles.

Have read lots about the prospective car and like the front/side profile as well as with the doors open, which leaves the rear of the car, a bit, shall I say, lackluster, but not a deal breaker. Think I might pull the trigger if pricing is at the wholesale level, however, not sure what that number might be. Would like some direction on this please.

Thanks in advance for your help/direction.

DJ.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"This video is private"

Huh?

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Whatever any thinks of the Sls in my opinion it's fantastic. I own a 2012 roadster full option and consider the CC brakes a must on this car. When I bought it I wasn't in favor of the suspension package MB offeres and onstead had the KW HLs system installed with lift option. Ok the performance was not the greatest but after the suspension F cars had troubles following me. On the performance side I had a supercharger system from HMs and she's offering 750hp with 776nm torque. They're be a lot to match this.
In a carmagazine they compared the new F12 vs the sls blach series... The Sls came out real nice.
Rgerading depreciation... They are loosing like hell and don't understand it. it's a real nice car but indeed less exotic looking. The Roadsters however over here seem to do well.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
With all due respect to the Widow, If the car is a somewhat "NO OPTION CAR", then the price would really need to be much lower than the price mentioned above. That car likely only had a mid $180's msrp. If we compare it to my 2012 with a $230k+ MSRP, hard load with all then options, my SLS is honestly a very good buy. We have had several lately and I really like them. Great car IMHO and very underestimated......
http://eliteautosllc.com/vehicle/mercedes-sls-coupe-lemans-red/

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I'm not sure about the states but the 2012 is a much better car. A buddy has a 2011 and lots of issues with the gearbox. It had several software updates but allways comes back. All has to do with the Gerag gearbox, same as the F458 but MB decided to write their own software for it. Seems they did,'t get it quit right the first time

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
With all due respect to the Widow, If the car is a somewhat "NO OPTION CAR", then the price would really need to be much lower than the price mentioned above. That car likely only had a mid $180's msrp. If we compare it to my 2012 with a $230k+ MSRP, hard load with all then options, my SLS is honestly a very good buy. We have had several lately and I really like them. Great car IMHO and very underestimated......
http://eliteautosllc.com/vehicle/mercedes-sls-coupe-lemans-red/

Not bad Shelby but OMG I want this!

http://eliteautosllc.com/vehicle/porsche-carrera-gt-supercar/

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I think that is Peak's old car which has since moved on. Thank goodness I got my CGT from Shelby. I think the car is a real keeper.