Slightly smashed GT being sold in two pieces, by two sellers, in two states!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Last edited:

Pipelion

I saw the nose piece on ebay yesterday, I thought it came off a black GT, and the piece was primered in grey. Thanks to your post I see it came off this white one.

Allan

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I like the description 'light damage to front' - sort of thing your teenage son might say having borrowed the car!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Light damage with a salvage title?
Doesn't a salvage title mean the car was totaled?
the damage does not look that bad, but a salvage title is a bad thing.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I know of one over in Dubai that has been written off by the insurance carrier.
Read about it on the GT Forum.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
SuperB said:
Light damage with a salvage title?
Doesn't a salvage title mean the car was totaled?
the damage does not look that bad, but a salvage title is a bad thing.

That is my undrestanding, something doesn't make sense.

Dave

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
THAT SLIGHT DAMAGE IS ABOUT 30,000 IN COSTS. NO JOKE.. AT 59,500 I WOULD BUY IT FOR PARTS! :thumbsup

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
It's definately a total and the nose piece in NY is probably the guy who totalled it and the other guy in ILL is probably the dealer who bought it.
I agree, that car is worth 70 to 75k on the best day of its life because after 25 to 30k you got a little over 100k in it and thats not bad until you go to sell it with the salvage title! Not to mention the only one who can buy it has to already have the money because I don't believe you can get financing on a car with salvage title.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Is everybody forgetting the damage to the rear of the car? I could have bid on this car went it went up for auction at the salvage sale, but why? There is damage to the firewall, clamshell, door, rocker as well as the front damage that you can see.

Oh and I almost forgot, Salvage title = voided warranty!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Salvaged Ford Gt

Scott, the seller on Ebay of the whole car, runs X2 Collision in Maryville, IL ( near St. Louis). He has done various body work on all my vehicles for many years and is recommended by State Farm. He really specializes in Vipers and does excellent work. He has a photo of my red/white stripe GT in his shop under their Corporate sign. He runs a first class business. I can give him a call if anyone is interested. Never saw a white/no stripes.