Simple question - license bracket bolt thread specs

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Sorry to tee up such a trivial question, but my new (new to me at least) 2005 FGT came with only two of the four rear license plate bracket bolts. I need to buy two more to install the Cooltech bracket/offsets. I was going to head to the parts store today, but don't have a sample bolt with me. Anyone know what the specs are? And, are they a standard Ford part? I might be heading to the dealer tomorrow...
Thanks in advance

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
M6 x 1.0 pitch. Let me know if I can send you a couple.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Comraderie

M6 x 1.0 pitch. Let me know if I can send you a couple.

Thats what I like about this forum. All you guys are way more cool and helpful with each other than any other group I've ever been associated with. It's a VERY VERY good thing to be a part of this group.
:cheers

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
And, are they a standard Ford part? I might be heading to the dealer tomorrow...
Thanks in advance

They were a special order item from my local dealer. $7 each. You'd think they were from a defense contractor.

Best Regards,

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Think they are the standard T-27 torex that is everywhere on the car. I bought a couple of extra in case I loose one during an oil change.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Think they are the standard T-27 torex that is everywhere on the car. I bought a couple of extra in case I loose one during an oil change.

Yes they are, I bought some extras also. Ford part #4G7Z16163AA, $4.75 ea.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
License plate bracket screws

Yes they are, I bought some extras also. Ford part #4G7Z16163AA, $4.75 ea.

Thanks very much for the quick help. I had to go by a local dealer for a CA smog check and, upon mentioning it, he replaced/installed the two missing screws - no questions asked. I offered to pay, but he wouldn't hear of it. Nice.
In fact, a surprisingly positive dealer experience. Quite unexpected.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Am I missing something?

I took a few washers I had and "spaced" them behind the license plate and screws. Should I be selling this as a special supercar cooling system upgrade? I feel rather stupid now. Is it too late for a patent?

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Patents for dollars

I took a few washers I had and "spaced" them behind the license plate and screws. Should I be selling this as a special supercar cooling system upgrade? I feel rather stupid now. Is it too late for a patent?

I'm in the software biz and responsible for a large number of folks worldwide, many of whom have filed for, and been granted patents. The US patent office is remarkably uninformed and shocking liberal - making these patents doubtlessly contestable in the future.
That said, go for it! Sounds like you could get half a dozen (well, at least four) filings out of this one! Hey, what the heck, add every forum member to the application. :)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

:lol Cooltechlll.com has them. nota4re has been offering the spacer kit for 18 months now

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Shhhhhhhhh!, MAD IN NC, after 12 months I lose my grace period for the patent application. As such, I think I have only been selling these for 11 months!:rofl