Short-throw shifter ball

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Short-throw shifter ball, NOW WITH VIDEO LINK!

Since the short throw shifter is on back order, I thought that I would come up with a solution that is easy to install. This has been tested with other drivers and everyone feels that the lower profile shifter ball positioning works very nicely!

Thanks,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

ADDITIONAL INFO:
This is a short video of a quick test using my low-profile shifter ball with short-throw shifter. This is almost 40% less throw over the stock setup.

FLASH VERSION:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/da8b42df-e49f-407d-973b-91727e2821ae.htm

WINDOWS MEDIA VERSION:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/da8b42df-e49f-407d-973b-91727e2821ae.htm
Jay
www.gtsaver.com

https://www.shop.gtsaver.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=5&categoryId=3

STOCK SHIFTER BALL:
Stock%205th%20gear-small.jpg

LOW-PROFILE SHIFTER BALL:
Short%205th%20gear-small.jpg

COMPOSITE VIEW OF SHIFTER BALLS:
Shift%20Ball%20compare.jpg

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A cleaner looking design too with the locknut being hidden!

BlackICE

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hi Jay, are you done? I see it has not hit your site yet. Seeing as I was the one that was bugging you to see if you had gotten the ST shifter, I would be in for this.........

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Shifter ball update

Specracer,

Yes, finally! Please go to the website. I also include a 16 mm wrench for removal and a 6 mm hex wrench for final adjustment. Try it, you'll like it!

Also, the Short-Throw Shifter is still a dream... I only wish that Ford would have hired me to design it!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

Specracer said:
Hi Jay, are you done? I see it has not hit your site yet. Seeing as I was the one that was bugging you to see if you had gotten the ST shifter, I would be in for this.........

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ah now it is........

And thanks to mad in nc for showing me where it was hiding 1st.....

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Website needs a facelift!

To all,

I am not very proud of the gtsaver.com website :bang . We are also trying to get a better "shopping cart." I do not want any of you to think that the mediocre website reflects upon the quality of gtsaver products.

Thanks for your patience while I am introducing new products.

Jay

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I just ordred one of your floor jack adapter. I wanted to get the short shifter. What do I have to take apart on the car to install it.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Low-profile shift ball-easy to install!

davefordgt said:
I just ordred one of your floor jack adapter. I wanted to get the short shifter. What do I have to take apart on the car to install it.
Dave,

The short-throw shifter installation is as follows:

First we supply both wrenches needed to properly remove and install the new ball.

You just loosen the shifter ball locknut, then unscrew and completely remove the ball and locknut (save both of these in case the car is to be put back to factory stock).

Install the new low-profile ball and lightly snug it. Note the position (or "clocking") of the shift pattern on the ball. If the shift pattern is not aligned as desired, remove the ball and use the supplied 6 mm hex wrench to rotate the jam set screw. This screw needs to be rotated by the amount the shift pattern is off. This may take a few attempts until the shift pattern is perfectly aligned.

Many thank for your business!
Jay (and Gayle)
www.gtsaver.com