Shelby's 85th B-Day What a Blast!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
I just got back from Shelby's 85th Birhday celebration and what a blast! About 100 cars (mostly newer GT500s) met at the Peterson in LA and the Bull Run people organized the run to the Wynn in Las Vegas. We had a helicopter camera crew following us the entire trip. Sometimes hovering only 50 feet off the ground on the freeway as we flew by. And some of us were really flying:wink Patric McDreamy (the women went crazy) drove the #1 car, the only Super Snake GT 625hp car on the road so far. He went by me at about 135, so fast that the side scoop off the side window flew off and almost hit me:eek He is a real car guy and pretty good guy. He said he test drove a Ford GT and wrote an article on it. He said he didn't want to give it back to Ford. We all know how he feels, mine is not going anywhere!!!!!!

Friday night was Shelby's birthday dinner at the factory. Major celebs were there including McDreamy, Ford big shots, DBK and Camillo:biggrin

The big guy signed my engine strut and I am a happy man:thumbsup

A once in a lifetime event, that I will never forget :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sorry to have missed it.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
sorry to have missed it.

Wish you were there as well Bony....You would have had a lot more avitars to display. Especially from the last night's cocktail party at the Wynn:wink

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I just got back from Shelby's 85th Birhday celebration and what a blast! About 100 cars (mostly newer GT500s) met at the Peterson in LA and the Bull Run people organized the run to the Wynn in Las Vegas. We had a helicopter camera crew following us the entire trip. Sometimes hovering only 50 feet off the ground on the freeway as we flew by. And some of us were really flying:wink Patric McDreamy (the women went crazy) drove the #1 car, the only Super Snake GT 625hp car on the road so far. He went by me at about 135, so fast that the side scoop off the side window flew off and almost hit me:eek He is a real car guy and pretty good guy. He said he test drove a Ford GT and wrote an article on it. He said he didn't want to give it back to Ford. We all know how he feels, mine is not going anywhere!!!!!!

Friday night was Shelby's birthday dinner at the factory. Major celebs were there including McDreamy, Ford big shots, DBK and Camillo:biggrin

The big guy signed my engine strut and I am a happy man:thumbsup

A once in a lifetime event, that I will never forget :banana

I got to go as well, what an awesome weekend....up until the time the Cowboys lost ot the Giants it was perfection!