Seeking heritage edition

CarreraGT

GT Owner
Jul 18, 2013
Hi guys,

new to this forum but have been a GT admirer for years. I am now getting to the point where the itch is becoming irresistible and have started looking around for a heritage edition car. I could use some pointers about how to best source and also what I am looking at in terms of real trading prices.

I like to drive my cars although on an annual basis i expect to be in the 1000mi range given that I have other vehicles as well. I am aware of a 'new' car coming up at auction but not sure I want to pay whatever the premium ends up being for it.

One of the attractive features for me about the GT is its modifiability and I would likely want to do some very light engine tweaks (new pulley, ECU reprogram) but in a way that I can bring it back to stock very easily in the future, although I plan for this to be a keeper for a while.

any tips are appreciated!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Shelby at Elite!
Mark

CarreraGT

GT Owner
Jul 18, 2013
Thanks - I am in touch with Shelby in fact

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You are in good hands Ford GT Grasshopper!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hi guys,

new to this forum but have been a GT admirer for years. I am now getting to the point where the itch is becoming irresistible and have started looking around for a heritage edition car. I could use some pointers about how to best source and also what I am looking at in terms of real trading prices.

I like to drive my cars although on an annual basis i expect to be in the 1000mi range given that I have other vehicles as well. I am aware of a 'new' car coming up at auction but not sure I want to pay whatever the premium ends up being for it.

One of the attractive features for me about the GT is its modifiability and I would likely want to do some very light engine tweaks (new pulley, ECU reprogram) but in a way that I can bring it back to stock very easily in the future, although I plan for this to be a keeper for a while.

any tips are appreciated!

If you have a Carrera GT, as your moniker suggests....you gotta get a Ford GT. These two cars are the last of the 3 pedal analog supercars. They complement each other. I traded one of my FGT's to Shelby for a CGT.