Sedans

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony, with 43 Vans and a GT you should invest in your own gas station!

BlackICE

Had pumps at our warehouses, pulled them all because of environmental concerns... cheaper to go to a fuel card station.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Daniel,

I took delivery of a new 2007 S60R at the Volvo factory in Sweden in November (Overseas Delivery Program -- a.k.a. OSD). As part of a Volvo package, we drove through Germany on the autobahn over to Nurburgring. Did a 2 day driver training program on the F1 track at Nurburgring. It is a five star experience, if you can manage it into your schedule you won't regret it. They are repeating this offer again in April '07. Any of the models qualify - including Ms. Bony's new C70!!

Rex

Man, does that sound great or what? Can't do it this year, never even had a clue that was possible. I will replace my V70R next year, and will look into it. Tell me how you feel about your S60R, any mods? Should we go over and hijack the Viper thread.:lol :rofl :lol

Here is a sedan that is ripe for a discriminating collector...

Attachments

• crappy-redneck-tuning.jpg
    crappy-redneck-tuning.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 41

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here is a sedan that is ripe for a discriminating collector...

I'll bet this would best a GT on a real tight course ... oooops! That's the other thread, ain't it!:rofl

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Man, does that sound great or what? Can't do it this year, never even had a clue that was possible. I will replace my V70R next year, and will look into it. Tell me how you feel about your S60R, any mods? Should we go over and hijack the Viper thread.:lol :rofl :lol

Here's the link for the Volvo OSD Spring Nurburgring experience:

http://www.volvocars.us/salesandser...dIncentives/Driving+School+at+Nurburgring.htm

Your dealer can provide more details, or if you wish more direct contact, I know some people at Volvo, PM me. To reiterate, it was top drawer from beginning to end!! Ms. Bony would thank you many times over. Did I mention there's wine tasting involved??

As to my S60R, I'd never even thought of owning a Volvo. I needed a 4 door sedan, capable of not offending Corporate. I wanted something with a bit more personality with my 4 doors, maybe AWD. It's a sleeper, and has no mods (read: warranty intact 3K miles). Very solid car, with surprising capability as witnessed at Nurburgring. Picked it up at the factory in Gotenburg, and became instant friends with three others who bought the V70R. They aren't quite as quick, but we collectively agreed to attribute the difference to the drivers. :cheers

If you want a telling fact; think about any auto maunfacturer turning their product loose in that environment, with people of varied skills and background. It sure says something about their confidence level of their product and quality!

A real experience with DSTC-fully engaged at 125 mph through the NGK kink! A interesting test of wills - driver vs. DSTC computer!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I have to agree with you. I am sad to say it will take me many years of wound licking before I own another Mercedes. .

Hold on !!!!!!!!!!!! I have to agree with you......on the lack of quality of the newer MB..... My wife just had to have the new ML320. What a piece of sh.. the depreciation on the Mercedes in 3 years:ack

but..................... the older MB's I had for over 20 years :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
No matter how much the Lexus hybrid may be politically correct for a big car, the L BMW's do it for me best. Nothing better, unless we consider Bentleys or Rollies to be of interest, but in a certain way, excuse me, disqualifying.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No matter how much the Lexus hybrid may be politically correct for a big car, the L BMW's do it for me best. Nothing better, unless we consider Bentleys or Rollies to be of interest, but in a certain way, excuse me, disqualifying.

I have a 750Li and it drives great for such a large car. I love the space, quiet, smooth and controlled ride. I didn't check out the back seat when I ordered the car and when I did they are a bit stiff. However WTF I never sit there. But the optional rear seat may be a good choice if you care.

My only grip with the car is the user interface on the electronics and computer stuff. Who is the idiot who designed it? The GPS sucks, and the car with the comfort option is easy to leave on which kills the battery. When that happens the dump computer just tells you engine malfunction. Now if it was programmed by smart engineers the car computer would monitor the battery's status and shut the car down, before the battery is too far gone!

BlackICE