Second FORD GT AT PETIT

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
If the reliability is there, a new car in a 1000mi race, could be interesting with the driver lineup.
http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|15040

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cool.. Anthony Lazzaro was the former pilot of the Falken Tire Ford GT. I was fortunate enough to have Anthony give me a personally coaching lesson at PBIR. Anthony said he had never driven a road going Ford GT so I let him take Helenor for a few laps around the track. :biggrin Yes... that is a Matech car in the upper right hand side of the photo. The only one to date to have touched our shores..

Attachments

• B& Ant GT 2.jpg
    B& Ant GT 2.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 125

H GT Race Mule

LM GT Tech
Jan 5, 2008
Buford GA
Hi Forum.
We are indeed going to run a second GT at Petit, We will run a pro driver line up and hope to be able to show what we can really do with the Ford.
It has been a steady path of progress for us over the past two and a half years, with a few highs and a few lows.

I for one am proud of what we have done with our car, as a small team with little help from ford, we are competing in a world class field amongst world class drivers.

We know that we need to show well at Petit, so as to enable us to raise funding and us to continue racing in to 2001

We are after all an American team campaigning an American car in an American series.

Wish us well with our endevors.

H

Attachments

• IMG_9180.smaller.jpg
    IMG_9180.smaller.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Good Luck! It should be fun to watch. I'd love to see you kick some butt! Do you think the professional driver line up in the 2nd car will help the team get "performance adjustments" for the series? I would hope it would.

H GT Race Mule

LM GT Tech
Jan 5, 2008
Buford GA
Dan.
We should get a better tire from Dunlop for the second car, a little more aggressive on the compounds and construction. We will also run E85 fuel, if i can ever finish drawing all the pieces it takes to make the change over. This should net maybe 25 to 30 horse power more. that and the tires plus a little luck and we should do ok.

H