ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Multimatic has now completed the limited run of 45 Mk II GT's. In addition to standard colors and ECP they cooked up a dozen or so Heritage options based on notable 1960's liveries viewable on the private Mk II website, but there was one that could not be seen by anyone but me. The good guys at Multimatic offered me a Mk II and I was grateful but declined because I didn't have the free cash to pay for it (they are double the cost of a new street GT). A couple months later they contacted me again and asked if I'd like the option to buy one of the very last ones produced as my financial situation might improve and I'd fall into a huge pile of money. And hey, the Forum moderator should really have one of these. They had far more than 45 qualified buyers so if the end came and I still couldn't afford it no problem, they'd give my allocation to someone else. And one more special item. There was one yellow Heritage livery based on the yellow/black stripe Mk IV GT that won Sebring in 1967 with Mario Andretti and Bruce Mclaren driving and wearing race #1. That option would only be available to me. 2006 GT Speed Yellow would be used so it would match my other GT's. It would be a one of one 1967 Sebring Heritage and the only yellow Mk II. Oh God. This is just great, now I can't sleep at night. I'm not a track guy and I don't have the $. But holy shit that looks amazing. What the hell would I do with it?? I don't know but damn it's beautiful. OK, I'm in. I'll cross those other bridges when I come to them. With apologies to Martin Luther King, Jr., "I had a dream" of what they would look like. The reality was even more striking.

Sean from Multimatic contacted me today and asked if it met my expectations. I told him NO! I was expecting a really nice track car and I got something several orders of magnitude better than my expectations. I don't know how many hundreds of hours went into paint, fit, and finish, but it's unbelievable. Literally a Crown Jewel. Peggy and I took delivery at Spring Mountain last Saturday morning. Terry and Monica were with us. All day long people came by to talk and take pictures. Thousands of pictures. I'm back in AZ trying to close out my last business project so I'll write more later but here's a few pictures. Isn't she lovely?

Chip

GT 3.jpg
GT 1.jpgGT 2.jpgGT 4.jpg

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
GT 9.jpgGT 10.jpgGT 5.jpg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
That is an amazing trio. Could not have gone to a better GT ambassador.
Congratulations and enjoy it. You deserve it!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I admire your initial restraint, you were strong.

Multimatic upped the ante for sure, they used serious bait.

Now I admire your let's go for it, I'm smart and I'll figure it out.

CONGRATULATIONS on what has to be the only matching trio in existence!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Spectacular--really amazing!

Did you get it out on track? Terry and Monica can certainly help with the "fast" line!

Reactions: ChipBeck and Apollo

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Holy shit. Congratulations.

Reactions: ChipBeck

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Truly spectacular! I'm so very happy for you!!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulation Chip, It Was Meant To Be For You! You Only Live Once!

Reactions: ChipBeck and Apollo

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Did you tell C3 yet that you blew his inheritance?

Really nice Chip. Time to open your own track and school.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Your good fortune is vicariously shared by all long term Forum members. Congrats.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gentlemen,

Multimatic has now completed the limited run of 45 Mk II GT's. In addition to standard colors and ECP they cooked up a dozen or so Heritage options based on notable 1960's liveries viewable on the private Mk II website, but there was one that could not be seen by anyone but me. The good guys at Multimatic offered me a Mk II and I was grateful but declined because I didn't have the free cash to pay for it (they are double the cost of a new street GT). A couple months later they contacted me again and asked if I'd like the option to buy one of the very last ones produced as my financial situation might improve and I'd fall into a huge pile of money. And hey, the Forum moderator should really have one of these. They had far more than 45 qualified buyers so if the end came and I still couldn't afford it no problem, they'd give my allocation to someone else. And one more special item. There was one yellow Heritage livery based on the yellow/black stripe Mk IV GT that won Sebring in 1967 with Mario Andretti and Bruce Mclaren driving and wearing race #1. That option would only be available to me. 2006 GT Speed Yellow would be used so it would match my other GT's. It would be a one of one 1967 Sebring Heritage and the only yellow Mk II. Oh God. This is just great, now I can't sleep at night. I'm not a track guy and I don't have the $. But holy shit that looks amazing. What the hell would I do with it?? I don't know but damn it's beautiful. OK, I'm in. I'll cross those other bridges when I come to them. With apologies to Martin Luther King, Jr., "I had a dream" of what they would look like. The reality was even more striking.

Sean from Multimatic contacted me today and asked if it met my expectations. I told him NO! I was expecting a really nice track car and I got something several orders of magnitude better than my expectations. I don't know how many hundreds of hours went into paint, fit, and finish, but it's unbelievable. Literally a Crown Jewel. Peggy and I took delivery at Spring Mountain last Saturday morning. Terry and Monica were with us. All day long people came by to talk and take pictures. Thousands of pictures. I'm back in AZ trying to close out my last business project so I'll write more later but here's a few pictures. Isn't she lovely?

Chip

View attachment 67571
View attachment 67574View attachment 67573View attachment 67572
EPIC!!! Congrats bud!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Wow and Congratulations! You really wear Speed Yellow well! Happy for ya!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
20230211_173054[1].jpg20230211_174800[1].jpgFirst, thank you Chip and Peggy for sharing this amazing day with us! It is truly incredible how beautiful this MKII is. As Chip mentioned, the paint is flawless and the detail is just so good! Did a cool photo shoot. Hoping to have some nice hi def images soon.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Congrats Chip. That's an amazing collection.

QSS

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Wow ! Awesome collection and good for u! Congrats and enjoy!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Holy $#@&! That is one awesome set of GTs! " ... the Forum moderator should really have one of these ... " absolutely true! Wow, I just can't stop looking at that awesome threesome of Speed Yellow GTs. Congrats!!

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Congratulations and WOW!!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That's a "problem" I want to have! Congrats to a deserving guy.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
WOW!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005