Seat Track Mounting Screw Size

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Does anyone have the specs defining the size, pitch, & length of the Torx screws used to mount the seat tracks to the floor of the cabin? (2 per track, 4 per seat, 8 per vehicle)

My local Ford dealer can't seem to find it in his computer (not surprising for Bishop, California).

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ford's cataloging system doesn't list the individual specs on the fastener:

OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
5G7Z6360056AA $1.26 $0.00 $1.00

BLT FRT ST ATT

That's all I could dig up right now for you

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'd like to replace it with a longer strong eyebolt which will have a spacer on the upper side to take up the extra length - consequently, I'm interested in the size, pitch and length, as opposed to just a replacement bolt.

Thanks, Ralphie

PS - I'll check with the local dealer to see if they have any 5G7Z6360056AA 's in stock - I'll get one and measure it if they do.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I can tell you it's a 50 torx.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Size of the screw head really isn't applicable, but thanks ( I already knew that)

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
I just checked mine; It is 10-1.5mm x 20mm.:thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I just checked mine; It is 10-1.5mm x 20mm.:thumbsup

Thanks a lot - I owe you !!:thumbsup:thumbsup

:cheers

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ralphie, I just took one to a local bolt place and had them give me two longer ones for mounting a fire extinguisher bracket...they had no problem matching it.

DMS427

Ford Gt Owner
Jan 5, 2008
Michigan
For those of you who have done the front seat fire extinguisher mount....how much longer of a bolt do you recommend over the stock length?

Just ordered the Safecraft kit and it would be great to go ahead and get the slightly longer bolts.

Thanks,

David

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
For those of you who have done the front seat fire extinguisher mount....how much longer of a bolt do you recommend over the stock length?

Just ordered the Safecraft kit and it would be great to go ahead and get the slightly longer bolts.

Thanks,

David
I just installed the bracket and re-used the OEM bolts which IMO provide sufficient length.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
DMS,. I needed longer bolts to raise the bracket to clear the aftermarket carpet inserts I have.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Original Bolt is 20 mm long, bracket is 6.4 mm (¼"), so a 25 mm bolt should suffice.

Ralphie

Last edited: