Scottsdale, AZ CC&C

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Went to my first Car & Coffee in Scottsdale AZ with my new FGT. No I did not Typo the extra "C" in the title as its stands for Cold Cars & Coffee. Was just above freezing and for us AZ boys that is cold. There were five FGTs that showed up, three you see below in the pic and another red w/stripes and white w/stripes. For you other AZ FGT owners, the Scottsdale Cars & Coffee is held first Saturday every month at the southeast corner of Doubletree Ranch Rd. and Scottsdale Rd. Starts at 8 am but many owners get there starting at 7 am. This monthly gathering has grown in the last years and usually close to 100 cars show up. Next get together is January 4, 2014.

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 419

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Was just above freezing and for us AZ boys that is cold."

Our eldest daughter lives in S'dale and she's been none too happy about having to play Eskimo down there lately! She actually had to turn her heat on a day or so ago! (Gasp!)

^I sure like the looks of that black no stripe.^ :willy

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Nice turnout! Assume the stripe less red one was John G.'s car. Who has a black stripe delete?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I woke up this morning, turned on the "Weather Channel" - local temperature was -12°F (-22°C). Went back to sleep and didn't get up 'til it got to -8°. Brrrr....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's a balmy 10 or so now. Consider it was -7 last night when we got home. The snow killed a friend in a plane wreck in Utah last weekend. Still no sign of the plane. Sigh

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Red no top stripe is my new to me FGT. Sorry to here about friend in plane wreck.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
FYI, it was 84 degrees at the Sebring Historics today.

NavyVet

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I will try to make the one on the 4th. Hopefully it will be warmer!

scotttroilo

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
I'll try and swing by Jan 4th as well. I live two streets south on Royal Palm. Can't we get there a little later/warmer? LOL

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
For those attending tomorrow's Cars & Coffee, we will try to park in same area as shown in first post.

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
Please post some nice pics for us snow bound car fans.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Snowbound - that's a %*&*&%^ understatement. I have 4' of snow on my property. More like "HellBound". I'm thinking at this rate, we may see grass by June...oh and it's -25 today.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Cold ? What cold? Drove down to Phoenix today for C&C tomorrow and to install an x pipe and an oil change on a GT. Ran the A/C in the truck for a while. 70 plus degrees Saturday. THAT is the main reason I left Michigan.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Cold ? What cold...70 plus degrees Saturday. THAT is the main reason I left Michigan.

That's THEEE reason our eldest daughter moved down there. She's been there since '98.

I'll never forget flying down there to see her in the fall of '99. It was 32 degrees here when I left. 'Landed at Sky Harbor some 2.5 hrs later and walked out of the terminal into 95 degree weather! 'Could hardly breathe!

'Hated to fly back home! :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Cold ? What cold? Drove down to Phoenix today for C&C tomorrow and to install an x pipe and an oil change on a GT. Ran the A/C in the truck for a while. 70 plus degrees Saturday. THAT is the main reason I left Michigan.

20*F (and falling) and 3" snow (so far) with the polar cold air headed this way. I'm talking to some folks about a new job and hoping that Chandler is the site.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Let's see some pics. Friends posting some this morning on my FB feed. Looks like a good turnout.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
6" of snow has fallen in Schönried, Switzerland, today - It's a beautiful thing here.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
We had seven FGTs at the C&C today with a morning temperature of 50 degrees. We pay for these great winter temps in the summer. Even had a Heritage FGT show but did not get a pic.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 118
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Wow! Beautiful FGTs! I am going to roll down to Scotsdale in mid March. Thinking of taking my 12c spider or 458 Italia. Prob 12c so I can pop the top. Love PHX and esp Scotsdale.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Awesome!!! Seems like critical mass. I'm surprised the Iranian Nuke Guys weren't there to prevent an explosion :)