(Saving)Drivers rubber floor mat--tips anyone

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Friends,
I see after only 3800 miles wear on the heel areas of the floor mat.
I,am considering using 2- mouse gel pads and double stick them to the area to prevent any further wear.
Has anyone thought of any other ideas?????????

Billy

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm saving mine by taking it out and leaving it with my other stock parts. I've got set of floor mats in there instead that cover perfectly, and are embossed to boot. A buddy has a set of floor mats OVER his rubber mat, but I wonder if that will cause long term wear issues. Unless you're hotshoeing with size 7's, you're probably just fine without the raised mat. Your opinions may vary with mine.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
+1 on putting a set of floormatt (thx, BONY!) on top of the oem set.

GTED

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
I wanted to steer clear of any type of carpet as that's not the intended theme so I bought a spare set of the stock rubber items and put them aways for safe keeping.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Covered with Lloyd mats. Fits and works perfect.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Cover them with carpet mats that are made for the GT. Works great!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Covered with Lloyd mats. Fits and works perfect.

+1

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Lloyd's makes a beautiful mat!!! I just put the carpet over the rubber, but did buy a spare rubber mat.

John

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Besides the rubber floor mat wear, I was also concerned about shoes scratching the paint on the sides of the foot wells. So, I make everyone take off their shoes and wear surgical shoes.

Just joking. I bought a set of cheap floor mats from Wally World and also a couple of Terry cloth bath towels that matched the interior colors. I fold the towels so they cover the paint on the sides and then lay the floor mats on top of the towels. Only about 1-2 inches of towel is exposed on each side. The mat keeps the towel in place and keeps the towel from bunching up under your feet. People don't even notice the towels under the mats unless I point them out to them. When the mats start getting a worn look, I'll toss them and buy a new set. The mat I bought is silver and black and has a sort of metallic, carbon fiber look which goes very well with the interior colors. I've gotten a lot of positive comments on these cheap Wal-Mart floor mats.

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Lloyd's makes a beautiful mat!!! I just put the carpet over the rubber, but did buy a spare rubber mat.

John

I too have the Lloyd's Matts. They look great and fit right on top of the stock rubber matts without any obstruction of the "go" pedal, clutch, or brake.:thumbsup

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Took delivery of my FGT with 200 miles on it. Had custom mats at hand, in the waiting. Never put my feet on the rubber ones. They were immediately put away for posterity.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I too have the Lloyd's Matts. They look great and fit right on top of the stock rubber matts without any obstruction of the "go" pedal, clutch, or brake.:thumbsup

What style of Lloyd's Matts did you use? I see on the web site they have several types that you can order. Also, there are several dealers on the site. Any recommendations?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
shoes

Are you wearing stiletto style high heels? My mats seem to be holding up but I don't wear my high heels in my FGT.

Ed

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Are you wearing stiletto style high heels? My mats seem to be holding up but I don't wear my high heels in my FGT.

Ed

My problem hasn't been with the mats. It's the stiletto heel marks on the dash and holes in the liner that are giving me fits.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Perhaps DBK could add in the FAQ best practices for removing broken toe nails and foot prints from the headliner :)

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
My problem hasn't been with the mats. It's the stiletto heel marks on the dash and holes in the liner that are giving me fits.

OK....I can see where this is going. See what you started ED.:rofl

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Perhaps DBK could add in the FAQ best practices for removing broken toe nails and foot prints from the headliner :)

I can take this one, Bony. What do you need to know?:wink

Best Regards,
Waldo

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Cirque du Soleil or gymnast ... or both? Contortionist or petite asian dominatrix?