San Marino, CA Car Classic Event June 12.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hi All,

While certainly available to all GT owners, this will mostly interest us in the Southwest/West Coast.

There is an annual car event each June located at beautiful Lacy Park in San Marino, CA (next to Pasadena) and this year it is slated for June 12, one week before the 50th Anniversary of the 1-2-3 Ford GT40 finish at Le Mans.

The San Marino Motor Classic is a Concours type of event with high end classic/vintage autos made in the USA and abroad. I happened to be communicating with one of the organizers and he asked if I thought my fellow GT enthusiasts would be interested in bringing their cars to this year's show. I told him I certainly did, thinking those of us not attending Le Mans would probably love to get together right before the new GT wins again. :biggrin

So here is the deal...if we can get a minimum of 8 GTs there, they will gladly give us space and create our own category. As I said, this is a real upscale event, on park grass, not a parking lot, with high end cars and set up with great food and beverage.

Let's get a healthy turnout and enjoy a great day with our GTs. What better way to kick off Le Mans week!

To enter, click on this link. https://www.sanmarinomotorclassic.com Check out the Gallery section to see the beautiful setting and superb cars. They definitely need some GT power there!

Since they don't have a GT category, register in the "X-1 Car Corral" category. The "Entrant" icon is in the upper left corner of the front page. They will pull our registrations and get us set up on our own section.

Any questions, shoot me a private message.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hi All,
I wanted to repost this thread regarding an upcoming event here in SoCal that may interest GT owners. Even if you want to leave the GT at home, it is a wonderful day in the park.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Looks like fun....I'll go Kevin

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
As I recall, that's the date of AtomicGT's Viper/Ford GT run to the Sierras, so I can't make it....

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
As I recall, that's the date of AtomicGT's Viper/Ford GT run to the Sierras, so I can't make it....

Hey Ralphie,
I thought Eric cancelled that event (?).

Ron

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Me too, that's what Doc told me.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Looks like fun....I'll go Kevin

Excellent Chris! Look forward to seeing you and your black beauty.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
While there does not seem to be a lot of interest in this event....I want to let folks know the deadline to register is May 15.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would make the trek from NorCal with my GT if I wasn't on my way to France. Have fun everyone! Cheer Ford & us on!

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Well Ed I would say that is one fine reason! You and all the other GT brethren have a kick ass and safe trip. Those of us stateside will look forward to photographic reports!