Safe Craft belts harness question

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Does SafeCraft no longer make belts? Or, who now makes the SafeCraft harness?
Thanks.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I ordered mine direct from them, but that was years ago. I'll check their site when I'm done here.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
The last time I contacted Safecraft in Concord Ca. They said that the restraint business had been sold or spun off. I contacted the new Safecraft Restraint co. in Florida(?) and the guy was nice enough but unfortunately didn't have the specs for the GT harness system that Safecraft Ca. Previously sold.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I went to their website. Very hard to navigate. A lot of nonsense and no real help; BUT the gal who designed it has her name all over it. I have the old restraint system (belts) charts on my laptop and will try to download later. I would suggest you go to the GT40 website run by Wally Rust (CobraR39?) becasue he had a nice set of belts and mounts ready to go.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I have a red set I have not used I would consider selling. PM me. I have the mounting Bars too. Can't remember what it all cost.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Thanks all. Much appreciated. We went the Florida route which is the new belt/harness operation owner.

Harness going in Audi R8.

Thanks again for the help.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Be sure to check their dates! Belts expire.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Be sure to check their dates! Belts expire.

Did not know that. Makes sense tho.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Belts usually only good a max of 3 years; BUT, it depends on whom you are racing with whether they check dates or not. The belts are clearly dated on their labels.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fia ratings are 5 years, and yes the tags are very clear, the brand I use, schroth, the tags say "not valid after xx 2016" vs the more traditional "date of manufacture". Other brands may have moved to the "not valid" labeling.