Sad to see

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Sad, there are 12....YES...12....FGT's for sale on eBay with less than 1000 miles. Plus numerous others with 2000-3000 miles...that's less than 200-300 miles PER YEAR. Looks like many that bought to collect are "trying" to dump them. I doubt there are too many buyers for them too.

Here's a novel idea. Raj are you listening. I would love for Ford to say that only the people who put at least 1000 miles PER YEAR for the first 5 years get a new car, and if you don't put the miles on the car, they come take it back and sell it to one of us who will drive it. Ford can hire someone to go inspect everyone's car after a year to see if they are still worthy of such a special car.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Lol, right, that's gonna happen.....

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
True, it likely would never happen...but boy would I love it if Ford did exactly this.

The world is full of wealthy weenies who collect cars like stamps -- meaning they only look at them, never use them. It's also full of speculators, looking to get ahold of something solely to attempt to flip it for profit.

Both of these types SHOULD NOT be given access to this car. It's going to be an engineering marvel, and engineering marvels aren't supposed to sit in climate controlled garages under hermetically-sealed covers. THEY. ARE. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. DRIVEN. It's actually pretty insulting to all the guys who engineer cars like this to achieve amazing on-road performance and then never actually use them.

A yearly audit to ensure these cars are seeing the light and day (and being SEEN BY Ford fans and sports car fans) would be brilliant.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think they should give people who have wreck one priority. If you have crash two... then Ford should give you a free GT and a coffee mug.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I think they should give people who have wreck one priority. If you have crash two... then Ford should give you a free GT and a coffee mug.

Yea especially if you've put that same car back on the road!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
nautoncall - read all the posts about the selection process & you will see that, on the new GT, owners that drive the car will be chosen over the collector/investor.

Ed

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Sad, there are 12....YES...12....FGT's for sale on eBay with less than 1000 miles. Plus numerous others with 2000-3000 miles...that's less than 200-300 miles PER YEAR. Looks like many that bought to collect are "trying" to dump them. I doubt there are too many buyers for them too.

Here's a novel idea. Raj are you listening. I would love for Ford to say that only the people who put at least 1000 miles PER YEAR for the first 5 years get a new car, and if you don't put the miles on the car, they come take it back and sell it to one of us who will drive it. Ford can hire someone to go inspect everyone's car after a year to see if they are still worthy of such a special car.

Im gonna need to order snow tires for mine if thats the case, Damn short summers...

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Its not just the short summers. The long summers do it to you too. Baseball year round here in Florida for the little one with aspirations for college baseball leaves little time to rack up frequent flyer miles on the GT, or other cars in the garage for that matter.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Its not just the short summers. The long summers do it to you too. Baseball year round here in Florida for the little one with aspirations for college baseball leaves little time to rack up frequent flyer miles on the GT, or other cars in the garage for that matter.
I feel ya, my two oldest girls play soccer year round for a club and their schools, thank god my wife likes traveling with them during golf/ car season.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Agreed ,
I never could find a "Ski Rack" to fit mine !