SAAC Ford GT Registry

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
The Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) is working on the update to the Shelby American World Registry that was last published in 1997. The SAAC Registry covers all Shelby influenced cars built by Ford since the sixties. The next edition will also include the new Ford GT's built in 2004-2006, as well as the original GT's built in the sixties.

The Registry documents how the vehicle was originally built, what dealer it went to, ownership history, and modifications to each car over time. We are currently compiling information on the new Ford GT's. If you would like to have your car included, please contact me at :

SAAC New Ford GT Registrar

The information requested on your car will be: VIN number, Selling Dealer, Options, Interesting History or Modifications, Photo of the car. Some people have asked what the pros and cons of having your car in the Registry are. As many people buying or selling original Shelbys or Cobras have found, the SAAC Registry is an invaluable resource in checking a vehicle's history and provenance. We do not publish owner's addresses, only the city and state the car is located in. We can also withold the owner's name if requested.

Here is what the last edition looks like, hardbound, over 1300 pages, and about two and a half inches thick:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_5313_Large_.JPG

Enjoy your new GT's - I look forward to meeting a lot of you when you come to Dearborn in August.

regards,

Jeff Burgy
SAAC Director
SAAC New Ford GT Registrar

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have been registered for over one year, thanks Jeff.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
GT Section of the New registry

I own a 2006 Ford GT #0812. Took delivery this last Wednesday. Due to some conflicts with the coporate filters I can not link directly to you via posted link.

Please send me information needed to be in the Registry. Also what is the estimated purchase price?

Thanks,
Jeff Larson

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
The link does not work for me either.
Wish they had finished that registry before I created the one for here.
Now we have to post twice? That's really going to cut into driving time :biggrin

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
SAAC GT Registry

Hi guys - Thanks for your interest in the SAAC GT Registry.

The link in my first note is my e-mail address at SAAC. I have the Database set-up, but do not have the online Registraion form up yet. If you send me an e-mail, or a PM, I will e-mail back to you the Registration form.

I am in Florida right now for the MCA National Mustang Show, and using someone else's computer, so I will not be able to send anything out until next week when I get back to my own computer.

regards,

Jeff Burgy
SAAC GT Registrar

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey Jeff,... Florida eh? Escaped from chipping the ice of the windshield for a few days? Hope DBK and you can share data, it would be for the good of the marque.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Dan -

Yeah - it was 35 degrees in Detroit when I left - 75 in Pensacola when I arrived. Driving through Kentucky, they were talking aboout gettin 4-6 inches of SNOW for the first day of Spring!

And they want to know why I don't DRIVE my '65 HiPo Mustang convertible to the show in Pensacola in March......

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
saac???

I for one, hope that as few of our owners as possible register, join. or support Saac as possible. We do not need a private corporation (yes a corporation owned not by the members, but by two individuals) involved in our vehicles. The Shelby American Club was a noble idea with humble beginnings conceived by Austin Craig, but has turned to the dark side.... or should I say the "green side". Their are plenty of open track and show events for us to attend, and we don't have to supply our "vins" or other personal information. Just have FUN!!!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
DBK has not made any agreement to share his information with SAAC - I have not even discussed it with him yet.

Obviously, ecsman has had some kind of a bad experience with SAAC. I would ask that the rest of you keep an open mind, maybe attend some SAAC events, and make up your own mind. I assure you, Ford GT's will be very welcome at SAAC car shows and open track events.

The current Operating Directors of SAAC were with Austin Craig when SAAC was formed, and yes, SAAC is no longer a "non-profit" organization. I consider Austin to be a good friend, and we have done a lot of SAAC events together over the years. He left SAAC years ago, and went on to pursue other interests.

I have belonged to many car clubs - the Tiger club (STOA), the Miata club (MIMiata), the Pantera club (POCA and PI), the Mustang club (MCA), the Thunderbird club (CTCI and TARTC), and the Shelby club (SOA, SAAC and SAAC-MCR) - they have all changed over the years. I still find I enjoy the SAAC events most - they are more performance-oriented than most of the other clubs. Plus, there are active regional SAAC groups throughout the country putting on car shows, rallys, social events, and open track meets.

regards,

Jeff

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
escman said:
I for one, hope that as few of our owners as possible register, join. or support Saac as possible. We do not need a private corporation (yes a corporation owned not by the members, but by two individuals) involved in our vehicles. The Shelby American Club was a noble idea with humble beginnings conceived by Austin Craig, but has turned to the dark side.... or should I say the "green side". Their are plenty of open track and show events for us to attend, and we don't have to supply our "vins" or other personal information. Just have FUN!!!

I respect your views, I can tell you that the events are great, lots of track time for a fair price. This year the National meet is at VIR. I would urge everyone to see for themselves.

Thanks to SAAC I avoided making some very costly mistakes on a couple of counterfit GT350's. They are a no bs organization.