S7 Home With New Paint Smokin " Hot"

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
I am tickled pink with the new paint on the 05 S7. The Beryllium Orange is absolutely incredible. I saw it on Wards car and thought the car would look incredible and it is an incredible color. The pictures do not do it justice. I'll take more when I have time. Here are a few teaser shots.

91030001.JPG

91030002.JPG

91030003.JPG

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Viper Alley secret code is preventing the pictures from showing up I think.

H

HHGT

I am waiting in anticipation. I am partial to orange metallic.:thumbsup:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
what happened to the S7 that it needed a repaint? Sorry if I missed this but I've been a bit distracted. :lol

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Nothing happened, I purchased an 06 on MSO with 200 miles and it was Liztick Red, so it was only appropriate to send it to Saleen in troy and have them do a total repaint in Berrylium Orange. The factory took photos of the whole process, wrote a letter of Authenticity. Very cool stuff.

91030003.JPG

91030001.JPG

91030002.JPG

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
gainesville164pi7.jpg

This is THE rarest current Supercar in existence today, with I think less than 80 S7 produced and some of those are race cars. I believe it will increase in value like no other. Just look at the 71 hemi Cuda convertible. When production numbers are small, prices will jump to crazy prices when out of production. The last S7 was produced was a 2007.

I also believe the most wanted color will be Beryllium, then Lizstick(red) and then silver. Beryllium was the coplor of choice in the current Ironman movie and also in Redline.

saleens7143fixedzk5.jpg

s7f5nb6.jpg

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Cool! just reread my last post ... sorry that it came out like something was wrong with the car ... did not mean it that way. Was just curious about the motivation behind the repaint. Please accept my apologizes for posting when my head is fuzzy (sleep deprived) ...

Good choice ... looks breath taking. Too bad the roads around here are too rough. :bored

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Agree, Agree, Agree, Agree, And Agree!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Would painting a GT in a color like that add or detract from it's value?

H

HHGT

Good question as I would like to know as well. I think if it is a quality shop and well known in the industry it would probably be okay. May not fetch more, but should not get less - just my $0.02

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007

STILLEN_GT_1024_4.jpg

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
hmmmm????

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

that looks sweet :thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
This is THE rarest current Supercar in existence today, with I think less than 80 S7 produced and some of those are race cars. I believe it will increase in value like no other. Just look at the 71 hemi Cuda convertible. When production numbers are small, prices will jump to crazy prices when out of production. The last S7 was produced was a 2007.

I also believe the most wanted color will be Beryllium, then Lizstick(red) and then silver. Beryllium was the coplor of choice in the current Ironman movie and also in Redline.
+ 1......i agree with everything you have said here except for the Lizstick red and silver paint. i think the black paint will be more desireable than those.

i saw a Beryllium twin turbo S7 last year at symbolic motorcars in La Jolla, California and it blew all the Ferraris and Lambos away. it was so hot they had to park it next to a Veyron. the Veyron was the only car that was hotter than that Saleen :thumbsup

i have seen an S7 in all black paint and it was just as hot though. personally i would rather have the all black S7 twin turbo than any other color produced. its paint was incredible :cool

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

imo repainting a supercar that does not need to be repainted for any other reason than the owner wants a different color detracts from its resale value because the car has lost its purity. but then there are buyers who don't agree with me, so money talks......

the Lizstick red color is a factory optioned paint color that Saleen built some of there S7's in. while some colors are more popular than others paint color is purely a personal preference. but a repaint always makes me wonder if somebody is hiding something :confused

i am of the camp that says if you own a ultra rare car and you don't like the color paint you have and want a different color you should not debase the purity of the car by repainting it and that you should sell your car to somebody who does want that paint color and buy the one with the color you want instead. i think people who don't do what i say are selfish and spoiled and are not true car people especially if after 1 year of ownership they get bored and decide to sell it for there next flavor of the month. people like that should be shot. now if you repaint the car a different color and keep it for life and are buried in it when you die then i have more respect for you than they guy who is just looking to make a quick buck by repainting a supercar to a more desireable color just so he can line his pockets with a profit. so called collectors and business like that are not real car people and they give the real car collector community a HUGE black eye imo

Last edited:

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
I don't think there was many S7's produced in Beryllium. If you want a car you can find in your color, have the factory repaint it is the closest you will come. I agree the factory produced original color will be more than a factory repaint, but worth way more than an after market repaint.

I have seen a S7 in black, although I love almost every car in black it does not look good on it. The louvers become lost in the black paint and some of the others lines too.

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The red cars don't seem to be holding their value quite as strongly as some other colors (sorry Frank) simply because they built so many of them.

I would hazard a guess that repainting a red one in a unique but widely accepted color like the Beryllium would only add to the owners pride and may even add to its value as long as Saleen painted it.

Sounds like my next project for Rally IV!

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
gtrally076kr5.jpg

camaro016fixedqw5.jpg

If you were to see a side shot of the 2 cars you would really see a hudge difference. Any dark color does that to the S7 ...the made a few dark blue S7s and IMO it again makes features disappear.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
gtrally076kr5.jpg

camaro016fixedqw5.jpg

If you were to see a side shot of the 2 cars you would really see a hudge difference. Any dark color does that to the S7 ...the made a few dark blue S7s and IMO it again makes features disappear.

this photo just goes to show that most people don't know how to take care of black paint :frown lots of colors hide imperfections in the paint that the owners have caused as a result of their lack of knowledge when it comes to washing and waxing there car, etc. Black paint seperates the men from the boys when it comes to detailing :wink the S7 i saw with black paint was in Concours condition and did not have any fading of any kind on it nor one scratch either :pop the car you have shown here looks like it has been thru hell and back again and never been professionaly cared for :shrug it breaks my heart to see people with more $$$ than brains or respect trashing very rare supercars like that :thumbsdow i bet Jason could fix it though :thumbsup

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
what is the actual color of Stillen's GT? We saw it at Rally 2 and I thought someone said it was metallic hugger orange?