S. Florida GT's - Tower Shops Part 2

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
S. Florida GT's Tower Shops Part 2

Yes it's true Camilo Is in the area. We have discussed going to the Tower Shops in Ft. Lauderdale ( Davie) on Friday night. March 5th. I will be in contact with Camilo this week and I will firm up the time. Right now I am thinking 6-8 pm and maybe go grab a bite to eat at around 8 pm ?? The Show runs from 6-10 PM

For any first times who want to come but don't know the area they can map quest or do a yellow pages phone number search to get a map. There is a Home Depot in the Tower Shops plaza that's close to the gathering area. The Home Depot address is 2300 S. University Drive. Davie, FL Phn # 954 476 9600. The Tower Shops Plaza is on University Drive just south of I-595 on the east side.

I can't believe it was 3 years ago the last time we all met there : http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4664&highlight=Tower+Shops

Here's a link to the typical Friday night activities : http://www.crusinsouthflorida.com/CruiseNights.htm#Towershoppes

Update 3/4 : We are still on for 6 pm. We should park in the nortwest corner just west of the Corvette Group. We may need to co - mingle with the Viper Club. There should be room for us

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
H

HHGT

How come we all age and Camilo does not?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...because he has a portrait of himself hanging in his attic that...uh...never mind...:willy

(Edit: 'Can't help but chuckle at the two of you wearing J-A-C-K-E-T-S ... IN FLORDIA! :rofl)

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
...because he has a portrait of himself hanging in his attic that...uh...never mind...:willy

(Edit: 'Can't help but chuckle at the two of you wearing J-A-C-K-E-T-S ... IN FLORDIA! :rofl)

Yes.. It was cold , windy and wet... put a damper on the show...:frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes.. It was cold , windy and wet... put a damper on the show...:frown

Up here that's known as...THE USUAL! :lol

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Stormcat....Thanks for the heads up and taking time to set this up. I am planning on attending. Please keep me posted. Look forward to it! :)

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
Tower Shoppes

Stormcat, I'll plan to attend as well. Keep us posted.

-Lew

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I got the other half of the Detroit dynamic duo being DBK in NC.... He's been scoping out items for Rally 5 during the days and we've been pickeling the livers at night.....

Who knows maybe during tonight's binge we'll head south as Miami is only 799.19 miles away....

On second thought if it is that cold - forget it!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I got the other half of the Detroit dynamic duo being DBK in NC.... He's been scoping out items for Rally 5 during the days and we've been pickeling the livers at night.....

Who knows maybe during tonight's binge we'll head south as Miami is only 799.19 miles away....

On second thought if it is that cold - forget it!

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the mileage calculation. Now I have a better idea on my fall trip. Back in the 70's today.... :biggrin

JKR

GT Owner
Brian, wow a South Florida FGT get together I'm in 100%:thumbsup. Now a South Florida FGT get together with Camilo I'm in 200%, I'll be there...:biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
You guys have fun!! I'll be working in Tampa and will miss this event. I will let a buddy who doesn't visit the site know that Camilo is in town. And Brian come out to play on the 20th at Homestead (Chin). Lew and myself will be there and we could use some slow traffic to hone in our passing skills :lol

Manny

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Because he's pickled.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
I went to lunch with Camilo last summer at a Gentlemans Club and he got carded just to get in.:cheers

H

HHGT

Because he's pickled.

:rofl:rofl:rofl Send some pickle juice please

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'll try hard to make it, I got a 6 week old baby so it's kinda hard.

we can go to a gentlemans club at 8 if Camilo wants ;-)

zgt

Sep 19, 2009
I look forward to being there and meeting Camilo and the rest of you guys
who I often see running around town in those beautiful Ford GT’s but don’t know who you are.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Post # 1 Updated :
Update 3/5/10 : We are still on for 6 pm. We should park in the nortwest corner just west of the Corvette Group. We may need to co - mingle with the Viper Club. There should be room for us

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I ain't parkin' next to no stinkin' vette.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I ain't parkin' next to no stinkin' vette.

Hey B. west of the vettes... there is a seperate section... may be some vipers there ..:biggrin hope to see you there...

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Great to see everyone tonight. Let's do it again before 2013. :cheers