ritz carlton oversold... wanted to move me...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just received a call from Katy at the Ritz, they overbooked the joint. Their sister property is the Hyatt. She offered the first two nights free at the Hyatt if I would move there, and the last night at the Ritz for $99. I said no, but Keeley and Bouncy will be staying there because money is tight...

expect a call...

:bs :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs

:bang :bang :bang :bang

:mad :mad :mad :mad

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Room at the Ritz

I have some extra space in my room for Keeley and Bouncy!!!!!!!!
Don :banana

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Hope its not a trend of things to come...if they are oversold now they are in for a world of hurt tomorrow afternoon.

Been through this with a couple of car functions and it doesn't get fun...Lets hope they have my room tomorrow....

Matt

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
427Aggie said:
Hope its not a trend of things to come...if they are oversold now they are in for a world of hurt tomorrow afternoon.

Been through this with a couple of car functions and it doesn't get fun...Lets hope they have my room tomorrow....

Matt

..don't want to create a scare, but I did get a call, and the young lady was very polite and I was equally so, but firm, and not ready to move.

..simple math, we got the rooms on the cheap, if they can move us to a vacant room at the Hyatt and get rack rate they are way ahead.

..make sure you have a copy of your reservation, you may choose to reconfirm. The number that I was ask to call is (313)253-4360

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Apparently the problem is for Thursday night. Don't ask me to understand the problem. They said because we only had an LOA and not a contract the hotel was oversold. Hmm. I'm not sure what the difference is if the hotel is booked by one person or another. Wouldn't you rather have 100 happy room occupants at a marginal discount who will blow a ton of cash over the 4 days than a disjointed set of different groups pissed because you're making them move around?

Last check a couple had moved voluntarily because they could get the room configuration they wanted, so it looks like we may only have to move a couple, if any. They are offering the switch to all hotel guests, not just our group.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
They called me about an hour ago, but didn't ask me to move.
Asked if there was anything I needed or wanted before check in.

I thought it was real nice of them, now I can see it was just to confirm I was coming. I have a suite plus an ajoining room, and no discount. Guess only the discount guest are asked to move :wink

If Bony's twins need a place, I think I can fit them in my suite. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What's really ridiculous is I specifically told them not to call you. I said "Depenbrock", they said "we have nobody under that name".

Riiiiiight.

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Well, they just called me and I ended up taking the switch.
Here's why:
1) I arrive on Wed late afternoon. Car will be delivered to the Ritz and kept with all the other GTs. I will go straight to the bash in the ballroom all night and retire to my free room at the Hyatt in the wee hours of the morning.
2) Spend the night at the Hyatt (free lodging!), wake up on Thursday, shuttle back to my car in the morning for the events, drive, etc.. Park it back on Thurs night and shuttle back to the Hyatt (free lodging again!).
3) Wake up on Friday, check out of the Hyatt and into the Ritz (free lodging on Friday) and back with the gang again.

All in all, it is a slight inconvenience, but I don't plan on spending much of my time in the room anyway. My car gets the good company of all of the other GTs, and I get 3 out of 4 nights for free which ain't bad either.

-W

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Uh oh! Another Tungsten owner named Don! :eek

I've got an extra room for tomorrow through Sunday that I'm about to give up. If anyone wants it send me a PM.

Biggs

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Now that's smart thinkin Wayne!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They called me about 2 hours ago. I declined the offer because the wifey said no way. They said they might call back and force me to move. I talked to Stephanie, who was very polite, but compared the hotel to the airlines.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SuperB said:
They called me about an hour ago, but didn't ask me to move.
Asked if there was anything I needed or wanted before check in.

I thought it was real nice of them, now I can see it was just to confirm I was coming. I have a suite plus an ajoining room, and no discount. Guess only the discount guest are asked to move :wink

If Bony's twins need a place, I think I can fit them in my suite. :cheers

Brian... guess we folks in steerage are the ones that are on the dial list,
hope we steerage folks get hot water as part of our package?
Understand if you took a suite a milk maid is including and she will be sprinkling a trail of rose pedals from you deep soak tub to you european style bed. :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
They called me about 2 hours ago. I declined the offer because the wifey said no way. They said they might call back and force me to move. I talked to Stephanie, who was very polite, but compared the hotel to the airlines.

....ouch, they used the word 'force'?
better wake up GT Joey and call out the boys from the Bada Bing Club :bs :thumbsdow :bs

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Maybe I got forcefully moved and don't know it yet.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, they said they would call back nad I haven't heard anything else. Gary just called me and is joing our caravan, but couldn't find a close motel, so he's staying 75 miles away tonight and will meetus in the morning.

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
I did get forcefully moved

We did get forcefully moved as far as i'm concerned.I even told her that I was coming with a trailer.I'll be calling back but i'm not too happy about it.
Guy
PS What upsets me the most is that I made these reservations March 14th,before the group rate was even announced.............

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
guywwagner said:
We did get forcefully moved as far as i'm concerned.I even told her that I was coming with a trailer.I'll be calling back but i'm not too happy about it.
Guy
PS What upsets me the most is that I made these reservations March 14th,before the group rate was even announced.............

One of the guys on here said he had an extra room. Perhaps you could ask him to give up that room instead of you moving. Just a thought.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
lthlvpr said:
Well, they just called me and I ended up taking the switch.
Here's why:
1) I arrive on Wed late afternoon. Car will be delivered to the Ritz and kept with all the other GTs. I will go straight to the bash in the ballroom all night and retire to my free room at the Hyatt in the wee hours of the morning.
2) Spend the night at the Hyatt (free lodging!), wake up on Thursday, shuttle back to my car in the morning for the events, drive, etc.. Park it back on Thurs night and shuttle back to the Hyatt (free lodging again!).
3) Wake up on Friday, check out of the Hyatt and into the Ritz (free lodging on Friday) and back with the gang again.

All in all, it is a slight inconvenience, but I don't plan on spending much of my time in the room anyway. My car gets the good company of all of the other GTs, and I get 3 out of 4 nights for free which ain't bad either.

-W

Wow! I'd take me some of that! No one has opted for my extra room so it's about to go bye-bye!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
I am supprised because there must have been a few cancelations just from members here that could not make it. I don't know of anything going on around here that would cause an over booking on a Wed or Thur. except the tigers are on fire lately.

Any explnation givin?

Scode

Unless the press found out and offered high dollar for a few rooms :lol

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
They called me too. Stephanine is very nice and it is indeed a tasteful offer, however, this is a very special event and we declined the offer. Two rooms.

By the way Dave et al, no trailer we are driving.

Frank, Chris, Grant I'll call you in the late morning. We are planning to leave the northern suburbs of Chicago around 1:00 pm CST.