RIP Tiger 6

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am saddened to have learned the news of the passing of our GT member Steve Darrah (Tiger 6). Steve was a true gentleman in every aspect of the word and I feel very fortunate to have had the pleasure to have known him. Steve had a true passion for cars and really did enjoy driving his GT. Please take the time to review the attached interview from his time serving our country as I know you too will get to know the wonderful person that he was. RIP my friend. God speed

http://www.westpointcoh.org/intervi...dy-home-an-attack-helicopter-pilot-in-vietnam

https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/mothers-day.33617/

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
A mans man who was an excellent example of greatness. Sad to lose him way to soon. Prayers for his family

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Wow, quite a guy by all accounts. My condolences to his family and to all of you who were lucky enough to know him. Rest in peace, Major Darrah.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Very sorry to hear about this loss John. From reading about him he was a really good human and an especially great American. Condolences and prayers for his family. Sorry for you're loss as well.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My condolences

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
wow what a man, rest in peace, Steve

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
RIP!
Lost another real car guy!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Rest in Peace... thoughts and prayers to his family.

Reactions: 07XL0027

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
What an incredible life. God's Grace to him.

Vince H

Reactions: Apollo and 07XL0027

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
He might have run into my dad, Staff Sgt EJ Sims, in Vietnam. He was stationed at An Khe & was an aviation firefighter. If a helicopter or plane came in disabled my dad was there. Those men & women were from a special generation. God bless you Tiger 6 & I hope you run into my dad up there!

Ed

Reactions: Special K

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
RIP Tiger6. God bless him and his family.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Good guy. Met him on way to Rally 1, when he drove his Maranello due to a “bump” at VIR w FGT. Actually Steve and Tommy and Sue were first other FGT owners I’ve ever met and we hooked up in Va. on the way to R1...Good times, good dinners. RIP Steve

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
God speed Stephen. . God bless him and his family. Enjoyed the video interview. What he encounter and deemed as a "bad day " is beyond what we can imagine.. Enjoyed the story of the F4 Phantom fly-by . I see while John and those close to him will have a huge hole to fill. Another American Hero has left us.. RIP

Reactions: Apollo

gdarrah99

Jan 10, 2020
My Ford GT Forum membership was just approved, and the first thing I searched for was my Dad (tiger 6). Thank you for your kind words, he was a wonderful man and I miss him every day. I'm going to take care of his GT for him (I don't think it will ever not be "Dad's car"), so please bear with me as I ask lots of stupid questions.

Thanks for being a community that he absolutely loved being part of.

Greg

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
My Ford GT Forum membership was just approved, and the first thing I searched for was my Dad (tiger 6). Thank you for your kind words, he was a wonderful man and I miss him every day. I'm going to take care of his GT for him (I don't think it will ever not be "Dad's car"), so please bear with me as I ask lots of stupid questions.

Greg
Welcome to the Forum.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

Greg

Glad to see you are keeping the car as its next caretaker. Too many families flip cherished family heirlooms like this quickly for a quick buck.

gdarrah99

Jan 10, 2020
This one won't be flipped; Dad loved this car, and we've had too many good times with it together.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Condolences to you and your family, glad to see you are carrying the torch!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Welcome Greg! Glad to hear the good times and memories with your Dad's GT will continue for you.