Right color combo

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
After much scientific research and a lot of money spent, Forsa 3 promo is out and they picked the best color combos for the top sports cars. Now I have to get the Xbox back from my grandchildren.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/game/default.htm

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You may (or may not know) this bit of trivia. One of our esteemed forum members (PL510*Jeff) was instrumental in making the Ford GT a reality for Microsoft. They used his actual 2006 GT as a model for all software development. We've been driving his car "virtually" since early this week after the game was released. (Thanks Jeff!)

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
You may (or may not know) this bit of trivia. One of our esteemed forum members (PL510*Jeff) was instrumental in making the Ford GT a reality for Microsoft. They used his actual 2006 GT as a model for all software development. We've been driving his car "virtually" since early this week after the game was released. (Thanks Jeff!)

I did not know that, but love inside stories of people promoting our great car.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Something about being in the right place, with lot's of time to do this sort of thing. The Turn 10/Forsa folks had a post on our Forum asking for a volunteer a while ago. So I responded to that. Phone call came in with-in minutes, and my Tugnsten car was what they wanted to use, due to being a metalic for their being able to catch the body lines and design accents best.

So we met up nearby for a photo shoot. The two Arron's took many, many photo's Inside, outside, engine compartment, all with digitial tape measure etc.

And mid-September another call came in. From the audio engineers at Turn 10. And asked if I would take my GT to a dyno Garage for sound recordings. So I said why of course. On the designated day, went to the dyno shop for a recording session. At one time they had something over a dozen mic's stationed around the car. They went through their recording routine with my car on the dyno. 3-1/2 hours later, and about 150 dyno miles, they got what they needed for the sound engineers to coordinate with the photo video engineers.

All of this was one week before the development side had to release the final "cut" to production, so they could meet the international Forsa 3 release on 10/29/2009. Some long, late hours were worked by the Turn 10 crew.

The Ford GT Forum and myself should be somewhere in the credits.

And I don't have an Xbox--yet.

BTW I was told that the fastest cars around the various tracks were the mid-engined cars like our GT's.

I put in a word, or two, for future upgrades for a Whipple 4, and a TT and maybe a NOX car. Just to blow away the digital competition!

Drive 'em if you've got 'em. On the street or on screen!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I remember when that request came in. Cool that one of our members could be par of the game development. Thanks for sharing more details of the story.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Jeff-

We also had the pleasure of helping contribute to this game. They needed a Ford Mustang for their sound development so we loaned them one of our shop cars. Unfortunately they weren't interested in putting the car itself in the game but when you rev the engine on Mustang GT in the video game that is the STILLEN exhaust you're hearing!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jeff-

We also had the pleasure of helping contribute to this game. They needed a Ford Mustang for their sound development so we loaned them one of our shop cars. Unfortunately they weren't interested in putting the car itself in the game but when you rev the engine on Mustang GT in the video game that is the STILLEN exhaust you're hearing!

Very cool sounds that come from your Mustangs. The USMC 'Stang at the shop was nice and sweet sounding.

Please tell Sam & JC hello from me. Steve,too.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Living in the Seattle area does have its advantages sometimes - Microsoft used my 1970 BOSS 429 for their FORZA 2 game. One of the Microsoft software engineers spotted my car at the Seattle Autoshow in 2004 and tracked me down. The guy took about 400 pictures of my BOSS 429 and BOSS 302 during a photo shoot at a marina close to my home.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Living in the Seattle area does have its advantages sometimes - Microsoft used my 1970 BOSS 429 for their FORZA 2 game. One of the Microsoft software engineers spotted my car at the Seattle Autoshow in 2004 and tracked me down. The guy took about 400 pictures of my BOSS 429 and BOSS 302 during a photo shoot at a marina close to my home.

Having seen both of these cars, the Softies chose wisely. Top Shelf.