Ride height adjusters are for sale

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Lower your GT Ride height / adjusters are for sale

Ride height adjusters are ready from T&A Shocks.

Lower your GT Ride height

The kit uses a threaded spring seat adjuster like a race shock. With out the big price. It will not change ride quality as we use all production spring and shock.

The cost is $485 for a car set of set of 4 ea. + $14 shipping in the lower 48
(This is lower than the $635 I have quoted in the past post).

Send me an e-mail and I will send you the Word document Install Doc.
Alex Szilagyi / T&A Shocks
aszilagyi@comcast.net

313-600-5383

Attachments

• Stock Shock W H adjuster.jpg
    Stock Shock W H adjuster.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,513
Last edited:

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Q & A

Q & A
Ford GT ride height adjusters

Who is T&A shocks, we have been in the racing shock game for 10 years. During that time I was also under contract W/ Ford Racing. And the last 3 three years were spent as the Engineering Technologist on the Ford GT Team. I am no longer with Ford. And T&A shocks is concentrating on developing performance parts for the GT.

As for insulation, a spring compressor is required to remove and reinstall the spring.
There is a snap ring retaining the stock lower spring seat. That positions it on the shock.
And it is reused with the new adjustable spring seat. I will be including an instruction manual with the kit. Or an Owner could send me his 4 dampers for a free install. With purchase. If he or she paid shipping.

We are also working on a simplified version of the spring compressor we use. That would also be for sale. So there are a few options for install.

You may also want to purchase the tools required to make adjustments.
We also have for sale a set of spanner wrenches. They are made from aluminum and anodized the same color red as the adjusters. When designing the ride height kit.
We made the decision to stick with common race shock spanners. As the user or the install facility may already have the required tools. If you have tools to adjust the ride height on a set of Penske racing shocks. You may already have the proper tools. A set is $55 + $6 for Shipment in the lower 48.

Then we should talk about a post install wheel alignment.
As with any auto, when you change the ride height. You must have a 4-wheel alignment performed. On the Ford GT the front and rear toe settings will be out of specifications.
And will need to be re-set to factory specification. But only after the front and rear camber is adjusted. For street use only the factory camber settings are fine.
But for track days and spirited street usage you may want to deviate from the Ford specifications.

We have developed two different camber settings, one for performance driving. The second for track usage. Both are streetable but may have an effect on long term tire life.

Removing or installing calibrated aluminum ring shims adjusts the camber settings. They are color coded by the factory to denote thickness. Please consult your factory service manual for more detail.

I recommend your ride height adjuster kit. Is installed by a professional that has Ford GT chassis and alignment experience.

The best in the industry is The GT Guy LLC. This group has more experience than any other tuner in the world, Period.
Check them out at www.thegtguy.com or http://www.thegtguy.com/index.html
I have worked extensively with the GT Guys. Trust me they are meticulous to a fault.
Your car will be in the best of hands.

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings,
Can you arrange an install while we are at the rally in Detroit. Perhaps at night while we attend events or are sleeping. I would be willing to give a set a try.
I am sure others would be very interested. Please advise.
Cheers,
daniel

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Daniel Please give me a call in the AM.

I have uploaded some photos in the Gallery.
Search key word:

Lowering Kit GT Photos

On and off car lowering kit photos

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings,
I am not available tomorrow. I am ready to go forward if we can work it out while the car is in Detroit. Thanks.
Cheers,
daniel

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
do you have any pics with the car lowered.Also i will need a set by the end of next week.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bony said:
Greetings,
I am not available tomorrow. I am ready to go forward if we can work it out while the car is in Detroit. Thanks.
Cheers,
daniel

I spoke to the GT GUYs and hopefully can get several things done while we are in Detroit... The ball is in their court.

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Photos

davefordgt said:
do you have any pics with the car lowered.Also i will need a set by the end of next week.

Yes I will post some photos in the AM.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looks like the GT Guys can do my install.
See my message to them re alignment specs and drop. What do you recommend, I though 1" on the back and 1" 1/4 in the front is about right.
I saw what Canepa did on another GT, your thoughts please....

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
How Low would you go?

My personal opinion, I would not drop the ride height that aggressively.
For performance street and light track usage. Comfortably driving on any road you wish to travel.
I would start with:

Front drop 3/4" - 7/8" with -0.9 to -1.25 degrees camber

Rear drop 1/2" - 5/8" with -1.75 to -2.2 degrees camber

This will visually give the car a proper raked look (filling the front wheel opening).
Without bottoming the under trays at every dip in the road.

Along with alignment setting like above (factory toe and caster settings)

Nothing is more aggravating than making modifications too aggressively at first.
Then being forced to redo your work latter.

The best part is, now the height is adjustable. And you could sneak up on a lower stance a little at a time. Then back off a bit if the chassis touches down on the roads you drive on.

I would be conservative I think you would be happier in the long run for street and light track usage. You will notice the handling improvement with out any unwanted side effects.

Now if you need extreme we can talk latter about Race springs.
And solid a-arm bushings at a latter date.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Alex, thank you, seems reasonable. Let's get it done. I want streetability. :thumbsup

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
davefordgt said:

DAVEFORDGT

I posted a few picks on this web sight. search Lowering Kit GT Photos

This car is lowered 7/8" front and rear. Sorry I do not have any shots next to a stock height car. I will work on that.

My plan is to have 2 cars for display at the rally. One w/ Penske racing shocks. And one with a lowering kit on stock dampers.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tell us more about the Penske shocks, I am aware of the adjustable and no adjustable versions.... inquiring minds who are ready to pull the trigger want to know... :biggrin

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Adjustable Penske Racing Dampers are not quite ready

Adjustable Penske Racing Dampers are not quite ready.

If all goes well we will have a set to display on a car @ the Rally in Dearborn.

As some of you may know. T&A Shocks is a Penske Shock dealer.
And we have been working on a set of triple adjustable racing dampers for the GT.
A bolt on true racing shock that will use the more common 2.5” race springs.
Resting on an adjustable spring seat. That will have an 8760 liner red knob rebound adjuster W/ 20 positions.
As well as a high and a low speed compression adjusters. With 20 positions each located on the remote bump can.

Penske Racing shocks are re-valvable and rebuildabable. Spring changes at the track can be performed quickly.
They have Teflon lined monoball shock mounting joints both top and bottom.
Unlike other pro grade racing dampers, all Penske shocks are up-gradable if your needs ever change in the future.

Basically it is the ultimate shock absorber

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MR2Race said:
Adjustable Penske Racing Dampers are not quite ready.

If all goes well we will have a set to display on a car @ the Rally in Dearborn.

As some of you may know. T&A Shocks is a Penske Shock dealer.
And we have been working on a set of triple adjustable racing dampers for the GT.
A bolt on true racing shock that will use the more common 2.5” race springs.
Resting on an adjustable spring seat. That will have an 8760 liner red knob rebound adjuster W/ 20 positions.
As well as a high and a low speed compression adjusters. With 20 positions each located on the remote bump can.

Penske Racing shocks are re-valvable and rebuildabable. Spring changes at the track can be performed quickly.
They have Teflon lined monoball shock mounting joints both top and bottom.
Unlike other pro grade racing dampers, all Penske shocks are up-gradable if your needs ever change in the future.

Basically it is the ultimate shock absorber

Ok, I ASS-ume we are talking $1200+ a cornor? I have a set on another toy.

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Pricing - Penske Racing Shocks for the GT

Cost ?
We are still working on pricing for the Penske Ford GT package. It will depend on the custom components required to fit the GT. As this car requires a larger than normal eyelet, bearing cap, spherical bearings & a few small items to fit this application. Pricing will be that of a triple adjustable + the cost of the special parts to fit the Ford GT.

FIY - all the Special GT required damper parts are being made by Penske Racing for T&A Shocks. So you know they will be the best possible quality. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
HI Alex,
Any news on the Penske shocks? Thanks.
Cheers,
daniel

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
I'm in on the shocks if they are fairly priced. Bring some to the meet!!

Gordo.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm looking at these right now. Look pretty good. The anodized red is cool and they seem to be pretty high quality.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:
I'm looking at these right now. Look pretty good. The anodized red is cool and they seem to be pretty high quality.
wellllll then pardner,... (best john wayne voice)
put me down for a set... :biggrin