Reviews: Matech Racing Ford FIA GT1 World Championship Cased Book Set

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hi guys,

after receiving my book set a few hours ago I just thought it might be a good idea to give reviews a good and separated home from the order thread. I hope a lot of reviews are coming within the next days/weeks once all of you have received their long awaited sets.

Regards

Matthias

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
First review from me ... going to update when I have spent more time with the books

I am starting with some notes I sent to Steven a few hours ago. I have unfortunately not had much time to inspect but what I saw in that short time period was more than stunning and very welcome.

The package arrived in very good shape a few minutes ago. Even though I didn't have time, I had to open it immediately and was amazed about the good packaging Steven has done ( I have gotten other expensive things in the past that have been packaged very poorly, something that totally sucks when the content of the packages suffered by some moron trying to make some bucks on poor packaging) and the very high quality of the books and their surrounding. I just had to sit down and read through a few pages and immediately felt like I was being part of the team and experienced this myself. Nuff said for that, unfortunately I had other things to do instead, but I wanted to give a short message to all of those who are still waiting for their package to arrive.

Thanks to Steven for taking the time to write this book, documenting the whole process, making phantastic pictures and the patience to get it executed, everything is totally perfect and I am really looking forward to find some more time on the weekend to dive in deeper. This book has already enhanced this weekend (currently enjoying british like weather)

Here are some (not so brilliant) photos (from my Iphone)

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I will echo those comments. Mine arrived today, and while I've just had time to give a cursory glance through everything, it's a really, really incredible amount of time and effort that went into this. The documentation is incredible and the presentation is excellent. Everyone should really give a major thanks to Steven for this because without it, the history of Matech would be lost in the wind.

It's a real "wow" piece, and in my opinion it's a must have for anyone that followed Matech or enjoys the history of the 05-06 GTs. I can't wait to spend hours poring over everything and reliving some history. I will definitely be showing everyone tonight when people arrive for the Dream Cruise.

Thank you Steven!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
more pictures pouring in ...

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

so, enough pictures from me, if you want to see the rest, you need to find out if there are is a book to order left

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Amen brother, exactly my thinking ... was totally worth the long wait.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Received mine today. WOW..........................very special. Steven, you delivered something over the top. Thanks again. GO BLU

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Mine arrived this afternoon. I could not put them down. Totally amazing chronicle of an amazing team. The information and detail is only surpassed by the spectacular photography. Thanks Steven. well done.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, Received mine yesterday and If totally thrilled with the outcome. Steven this set is a masterpiece. Thank You Very Much For All Your Hard Work On This Project. It definately is a MUST for a Ford GT Owner. Well worth the wait and the money. If you didn't order one, you need to do so before there all gone. The detail, quality and presentation is unmatched as to its makeup. A HOME RUN FOR SURE IN MY COLLECTION! Tomy Hamon PS Stephen Can't wait to see you in person in October.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Got mine yesterday as well--beautifully done! I want to spend more time pouring over the pages, but after a cursory flip I can say that it's a real keeper!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
7_1024x1024.jpg

1_1024x1024.jpg

2_1024x1024.jpg

3_1024x1024.jpg

4_1024x1024.jpg

5_1024x1024.jpg

6_1024x1024.jpg

8_1024x1024.jpg

9_1024x1024.jpg

10_1024x1024.jpg

11_1024x1024.jpg

12_1024x1024.jpg

It is a truly great set. After the first run of orders, due to the shipping, packing and production costs, Steven is making these available at $1,250. Only 99 total. It was a tremendous undertaking and I hope you'll support his effort.

Click here to order a set now.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Good job of getting pics of these great books Dave. They truly are special. I am reading my way through the 420 page book. The pics are very good and the text is well done and tells a good story.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Steven,

I wrote this review on your previous thread and figured I'd cut & paste - plus include a bit more...

I just got home from Monterey (great events across the board). I opened up a box, forgetting what it was of course, and was blown away with the book set and case. Wonderful job at producing an instant collectible, your professionalism shines through.

On an entirely different level... your book makes me LOVE the Matech cars that much more. As if you didn't know I already have a deep passion for these particular cars anyway?! Heck, my passion drove me to purchase them with my business partner, Greg. Your books make the joy of owning the cars that much better and I thank you for taking the time to produce something that tells the story about these amazing vehicles and share the history behind them. I'm thankful Greg and I pulled the trigger on the Matech GT1 purchase more than ever and your book just adds further excitement. Thank you for sharing the stories and the awesome photographs!

Thanks for making these available to us, the enthusiasts!

Life is good,

Lance

Last edited: