Replacement Clam Shell Top Vents

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
NO WARP – EVER AGAIN.

Sand-cast out of A-356 aluminum, a high quality aluminum.

They look very good, but do remember that that these are sand-cast, not die cast, so they will not be “perfect”. Main difference will be that sand-cast tends to have a slightly rougher surface, but the surface will look something like the side vents. There may also be some minor imperfections, but nothing significant (I won’t accept those – I will look at each one). The powder coating will hide some of that. The vents are probably an 8 or 9 on a 1 to 10 scale.

The vents will fit as a direct replacement. Because of some individual differences between cars, it may be necessary to slightly enlarge the stud holes that go through the carbon fiber under the vents, an easy and from the top of the car “modification” that will not be noticeable.

The vents come either black powder coated or bare aluminum.

The bare aluminum would be better if you plan on painting them. The bare would also be better if you want to clean the metal up even more (maybe with some sanding – polishing and painting).

For comparison, retail on new plastic vents is about $386.00 a pair.

Price (shipped) is $498.00 per pair.

Paid forum subscribers can deduct $25.00 for supporting the forum, so if you haven’t paid up, do it as a direct reduction in vent price. Subscriber price then is $473.00.

Deduct $10.00 from the price if you want the vents bare versus powder coated.

If you want a set, I need a $50.00 nonrefundable deposit (sorry about that – last time I did something like this based on general word, I was left over with stuff that people did not pick up) unless I don’t deliver and your deposit will be refunded. Your money is guaranteed.

I will send each person a notice when they are “in” for either final payment or to let you know the balance is being charged at that time. They will be sent with a satisfaction guarantee or return in 5 days minus shipping charges.

Payment can be by check, VISA, or Paypal. The VISA and Paypal will reflect my regular business name.

Send me a Private Message if you want payment details or have questions, and specify (1) how many sets (2) powder coated or bare (3) shipping information (4) screen name and given name.

Follow this link for a general discussion and prototype pictures.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=133816#post133816

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Those look very good indeed - are they roughly the same weight as the ones they replace?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Those look very good indeed - are they roughly the same weight as the ones they replace?

No, they are heavier. The plastic is fairly flimsy / light weight which is part of the problem.

Plastic is 177 grams, or 6.3 ounces

Aluminum is 575 grams, or 20.1 ounces.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Is there any risk of the heavier item 'rattling' and causing problems?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I don't think so. The vents are actually secured against the outside of the clamshell like the stock ones (they lay into the opening on the clamshell and then are pulled down a little). Tough they have "feet" that the studs protrude from, those feet never touch bottom.

Probably a good thing (which I will put in the instructions since they are metal to metal) would be to put some cork gasket in there for scratch control.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I would like a set pm sent