red ford gt spotted virginia

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
monday 16th jan spotted red white stripes on prince william county pkwy???????? IM IN RIVER FALLS WHITE BLUE STRIPE

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
Wasn't me. I was out of town.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Wasn't me either, mine is still on order. I'm just north of you a few miles and drive the PW Parkway frequently. However, I did see a red w/ stripes this weekend on Rt. 123 just north of Occoquan. It was moving slow and looking great!

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
krd where did you order from and may i ask how much did you buy it here local

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
That Should Read Kjd Sorry

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
kdmfnrk,

I ordered an '06 through an exotics dealer in Beverly Hills early last summer. I tried as hard as I could around here and at other East Coast dealerships, but at that time the dealers were rather unrealistic on price and could not or would not order to my specs. Paid $10K over MSRP and should receive the car in March. It's a black "stripper", (similar to what Centerpunch ordered but his is blue) no options other than deleted stripes. I prefer the standard wheels on this car and would have purchased the Macintosh system except for that subwoofer. Originally I spec'd red calipers but changed on that too. Based on referrals I found here on DBK's site, I am working with Gary Almond, Almond Exotics Transport, to deliver the car. I've spoken with him and I'm very impressed.

If anyone reads this and is interested in a black GT, Jerry's Ford, Annandale, VA (703-256-5000, ext. 150) currently has a no stripes '05, 3 miles on the clock with most of the tags, plastic, stickers, etc. intact, red calipers, forged wheels, and the Mac system. They were at $10K over invoice last time I spoke which is obviously over market today, but my sense was the car could be had for less.

Look forward to meeting you, Running Man, Jamie, and any other Ford GT owner/enthusiast in our area. I'm also thinking about joining some of the guys from this forum in Detroit in the late summer but am juggling commitments until we get a firm date.

Last edited:

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
good luck hope your cars shows up soon anyone know of a heritage blue close to northern va lmk would like to see one thinking of getting rid of the white for the heritage blue would like to see it in person... have on in pa im going to go look at in sat morning if nothing closer

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
KJD. I have the red - and I have to say, I do envy you the black de-striped! I saw some pictures posted hereabouts the other day - wow. You're going to be sleeping in your garage! It's evil beauty, completely menacing. Fantastic. Lot's of pictures please when it lands on planet KJD!

I like the yellow too.

Oh, and the blue.

I'd like the heritage as well.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
KJD said:
It's a black "stripper", (similar to what Centerpunch ordered but his is blue) no options other than deleted stripes.

Nice choice! I'm told the black de-striped is referred to as the Michael Dell special, as they weren't going to do the car completely stripeless orginally until MD asked for a stealth black version of it...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Neilda said:
KJD. I have the red - and I have to say, I do envy you the black de-striped! I saw some pictures posted hereabouts the other day - wow. You're going to be sleeping in your garage! It's evil beauty, completely menacing. Fantastic. Lot's of pictures please when it lands on planet KJD!

I like the yellow too.

Oh, and the blue.

I'd like the heritage as well.

... hmmm :bored Neil, so why did you get a red one then?

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Neilda,

For me "black is wack"! Although I have driven many different colored cars, I haven't actually owned anything that wasn't straight black since I was 17 (which was a lifetime ago)! Having said that, I love the GT so much that if it wasn't available in de-striped black, I'd buy the striped black or if need be, the tungsten or silver. Or be like you, if only I had the resources, and get one of each!!!!

DBK,

Thanks for the info and many many thanks to Michael Dell for making the request and many many many thanks to Ford for agreeing to do so. And special thanks to you for enabling we GT "junks" to compare notes and opinions here on this forum. Gracias also for sharing that photo of your lady, I need to replace the GT screensaver on my PC with her photo but first edit you out!!!!

Kirk

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
KJD said:
Neilda,

DBK,

Thanks for the info and many many thanks to Michael Dell for making the request and many many many thanks to Ford for agreeing to do so. And special thanks to you for enabling we GT "junks" to compare notes and opinions here on this forum. Gracias also for sharing that photo of your lady, I need to replace the GT screensaver on my PC with her photo but first edit you out!!!!

Kirk

what's this Michael Dell thing... did I miss something ?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
SLF, there were two cars only available in the UK at the time I bought mine - just two, one was in a boat coming to the UK (red) and one already in a showroom. There were no other cars - at any price! There was a red one (the one I bought) and a black with stripes, which I didn't like as much. So I snapped up the red one...

I don't regret the colour for a second, but it seems a bit 'obvious' now compared to some of the more creative choices available in the US market - I find this car so irresistable that I would be tempted by black, yellow (both destriped) or heritage! That really would test the marriage....

To be fair, you could paint this car in 'artificial limb beige' and it would still look fantastic.

I did ponder for a long while over the colour of the Murcielago (went for yellow in the end) as orange was amazing as was green. Black looked very odd I thought, silver was good and red was awful (personal opinion of course - eek, don't want to upset someone with a red Murci!).

The Vanquish had to be Tungsten - no question in my mind.

But the GT is a curious beastie that does seem to work in many colours.

Anyhoo - back to Kirk! Yummy!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!