Recomended Trailers

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
My GT is in and I am looking at trailers can anyone recomend one?
Thanks
MTDGT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are some posts about them, but no particular brand mentioned. Look for a left door on the side so you can open your car door, otherwise you're crawling out the window. Lok for a low sill to clear the open car door.

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks, I am currently looking into a Haulmark trailer.
MTDGT

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Recommend you get a global tracking device. I purchased a new 20' all aluminum Featherlite trailer and used it one time to pick up my GT before it (the empty trailer) was stolen.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Kirby Vieira said:
Recommend you get a global tracking device. I purchased a new 20' all aluminum Featherlite trailer and used it one time to pick up my GT before it (the empty trailer) was stolen.

sorry for your bad luck, where does the tracking device get it's power from? I assume it is hidden somewhere, any info would be appreciated. Is this lojack for a trailer?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I haven't looked into the specifics because I'm not sure I will buy a replacement trailer, but it is essentially inexpensive lojack. A local cop told me some of the rental companies (like u-haul) are installing them on their more valuable trailers.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
For the equiv of a GT Featherlite the way to go, alluminum trailers are light and quality is tops, Gold Rush is another high end vendor as well. BUT as I am sure Kirby can attest they are expensive. After that Haulmark, and Pace are both great. If you look at both you will see quickly the difference between the alluminum, and the steel frame trailers. Left door is nice, but do keep in mind you may have to look at the ramps inside for the low clearence doors to clear the wheel wells. I have a regular trailer (Transport Design) that I have had for 10 years or so and it has served me well. Wheel bearing service and brakes are all they need.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Kirby Vieira said:
I haven't looked into the specifics because I'm not sure I will buy a replacement trailer, but it is essentially inexpensive lojack. A local cop told me some of the rental companies (like u-haul) are installing them on their more valuable trailers.

Please keep us posted, I am interested in learning more. thanks again.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
recommended trailer

I bought the Featherlite primarily to tow a 427 Shelby Cobra, and liked it because it was entirely aluminum (even the floor and loading ramp) and also for its low ground clearance, although I had to park it on a down slope to load the GT. I stripped down and crawled out the window to get in and out of the GT when it was loaded. If it was going to be used frequently for the GT, a winch would be the way to load it. The new cost was almost $12,000, but represented a good value that enabled me to tow the GT without straining my daily driver Jeep Grand Cherokee (Hemi).

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks for the Input!
MTDGT

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
you might want to take a look at low profile trailers, much easier to tow.

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
MTDGT

I have had a Wells Cargo, a Haulmark and a Pace, the Wells is the best of the group. The Pace was the worst. I presently own a United which is very nice, and had it built to my specs. The most important features to me was having a custom l.h. door built, a 102" width, torsion bar axels, and a lowered roofline. Need more info pm me.