Rear diffuserfin repair

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have an extra set of diffusers.If you need them .I don’t know what a fair price is though .
My broken one is definitely fiberglass. If anyone has a spare I'd be interested... Even then I'll probably pick up a par of the Stillens along with a full set of the new gauges :)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
After fixing my diffuser a few times I can attest it is fiberglass material based, could be a different blend but repairs with and like fiberglass practice... I have have experience with plastic cars also:biggrin. Pre 68, the real rough old type "plastic"

:agree:

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I had my OEM diffuser fixed after I backed into a curb by the local Ford dealership, it is definitely fiberglass as Shelby said.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I stand corrected. I am at my dealership to pick up my diffuser. I talked with the body man directly. He confirmed that the diffuser is in fact fiberglass or better yet, a form of fiberglass that is not like your typical fiberglass that we traditionally think of. So Shelby, you are correct. BTW, my diffuser looks perfect. See photos of repaired diffuser.

Attachments

• Repaired diffuser (1).JPG
    Repaired diffuser (1).JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Repaired diffuser (2).JPG
    Repaired diffuser (2).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

AlHensling

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2010
Irvine, CA
What dealer did you have do the work? I am in OC as well and have a chipped diffuser.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I stand corrected. I am at my dealership to pick up my diffuser. I talked with the body man directly. He confirmed that the diffuser is in fact fiberglass or better yet, a form of fiberglass that is not like your typical fiberglass that we traditionally think of. So Shelby, you are correct. BTW, my diffuser looks perfect. See photos of repaired diffuser.

Did you remove the diffuser from the belly pan panel? They are riveted so it's not a small task to R&R it.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Did you remove the diffuser from the belly pan panel? They are riveted so it's not a small task to R&R it.

No, just took the entire belly pan in.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
What dealer did you have do the work? I am in OC as well and have a chipped diffuser.

Sending you a PM