Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for the link.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Heres the GT Ford badge!

Can the lettering be offered in other colors i.e GT in White and Ford in Blue???

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Heres the GT Ford badge!
Why does it say "Falcon" in the description?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Why does it say "Falcon" in the description?

It is a part from a Ford Falcon, note "GT Ford badge" not a "Ford GT badge". Check the first post of this thread.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Nice to see that after 4 years the badge idea is still a good one. In 20 years new buyers will ask "why is the badge missing" since so many cars have them .......

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
OK, Mine came.

How is everyone attaching them? By that, I mean what means are you using to hold them onto the rear grille?

The two posts appear to be designed to accept a body style pinch nut but the diameter is pretty large for the first 3/4" preventing a pinch nut from bottoming out against the backside of the grille.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
OK, Mine came.

How is everyone attaching them? By that, I mean what means are you using to hold them onto the rear grille?

The two posts appear to be designed to accept a body style pinch nut but the diameter is pretty large for the first 3/4" preventing a pinch nut from bottoming out against the backside of the grille.

I also received mine yesterday and today did the install: I tapped the upper lower poles to accept a 10MM bolt.....I used aluminum bolts as the cast poles are fragile. I carefully cut some felt strips to prevent scratching on the badge backside. To provide a firm fix black washers were used so the bolts would not press on the mesh opening. After hand tightning the bolts (through the license Plate opening) used a 10mm box wrench to give them a gentle nudge. I would not over tighten....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Did yours come in the Tampon box too? :biggrin Aussie humor I guess. :cheers

Did you turn down the thick part of the shaft before cutting the threads? I am imagining the cast pot metal can break pretty easily.

Thanks for the blow by blow.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Did yours come in the Tampon box too? :biggrin Aussie humor I guess. :cheers

Mine did!! I thought it was a little odd, but if they all went out that way.....................

They must be buying them by the pallet.

Hope to install mine this weekend.

Jeff

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Correct, also using a dremel drill,the pole leads were cut off - leaving the thick portion of the poles for cutting; pot metal material is tolerant to tapping.....

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Mine was in a tampon box too. I found some humor in it.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If the key chains become available in white and blue I would take 2.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
They go on with a speedy nut - self cutting and holds firmly. They don't need to be super tight. Put a gasket behind the badge so you don't scracth the grill.

OK, Mine came.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
After being at Rally 13 and seeing some of the GT badges I sold back in 2008 - 2009, I went looking on my shelf and found the remainders of what I have. There are 3 left.

They are $50.00 mailed.

I painted the "Ford" blue on mine, many did get the car color on them. They are a nice touch.

I don't know if my "supplier" is still around since it has been 13 years since I bought them. If other members want them past the available 3, I will see if I can get more.

We used to joke that in the future people will think that they were OEM since so many were around. I finally met that person .... :)

Attachments

• Badge1.jpg
    Badge1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Badge2.jpg
    Badge2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 19

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
After being at Rally 13 and seeing some of the GT badges I sold back in 2008 - 2009, I went looking on my shelf and found the remainders of what I have. There are 3 left.

They are $50.00 mailed.

I painted the "Ford" blue on mine, many did get the car color on them. They are a nice touch.

I don't know if my "supplier" is still around since it has been 13 years since I bought them. If other members want them past the available 3, I will see if I can get more.

We used to joke that in the future people will think that they were OEM since so many were around. I finally met that person .... :)
Just PMd you. I'll take one.

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
I definitely want one please!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Yes, they were still for sale on Ebay last time I looked....I bought a different variation.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
It's an Australian part, google: Ford XW GT Falcon Grille Badge

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I painted over the emblem's factory orange with red fingernail polish, but that didn't turn out to my satisfaction so I used fingernail polish remover to remove it, which also removed the orange 😯 so now the G and T are chrome ... and actually I'm happy with that on my Quick Silver. Hard to photo chrome, but here's a try: (please excuse the dust; she's just back from Arizona 🌵 😉)
Emblemchromea.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nafod

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
I painted over the emblem's factory orange with red fingernail polish, but that didn't turn out to my satisfaction so I used fingernail polish remover to remove it, which also removed the orange 😯 so now the G and T are chrome ... and actually I'm happy with that on my Quick Silver. Hard to photo chrome, but here's a try:
View attachment 64834
That looks way better!

Reactions: extrap