Ready to Buy a GT - higher mileage – 05-06

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Canadian cars do have some minor differences for those interested. Different bumpers and gauges come to mind, but I'm sure a search will provide the other details. Back when I was looking 5 years ago, they were abut 5% less expensive than the US cars.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
MichaelR, that's a great tip to expand the search to Canada. Thanks for that. Given that I'm from Toronto originally (been in the US the last 30 years), sad that i didn't even think of that. One of the cars is right up the street from my old house. Any Canadians know the differences from the American version? Any idea of the border fee is to bring in a Canadian car? Thanks guys.
Graydon

Reactions: MichaelR

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
Very nice man, I'm not to far from Toronto and about 10 minutes away from Multimatic :)
Autotrader.ca has 2 of them listed, no stripe is private, and one is at a well known Ford Dealer. The wrapper car if you want to call it is also well known Legendary Motor Car, always has something crazy in his show room.

As far as Canadian Gts go I believe the rear bumper is different and I think the gauges are still in MPH and Miles but don't quote me on that. Good thing is you save on conversions bringing it down to you. I don't think its to hard to bring it across if you go with one of them that was already titled in the US. Canadian car might be a little more paperwork but not impossible

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
MichaelR, that's a great tip to expand the search to Canada. Thanks for that. Given that I'm from Toronto originally (been in the US the last 30 years), sad that i didn't even think of that. One of the cars is right up the street from my old house. Any Canadians know the differences from the American version? Any idea of the border fee is to bring in a Canadian car? Thanks guys.
Graydon
I bought a Ferrari 512BBi boxer years ago which was located in Toronto. It had preciously been registered in the U.S. i had no issues registering here. If you can find the MSO or previous title,there should not be a lot of paperwork. I don’t recall paying any fee to have it brought across the border.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelR

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
If you're going to spend 300k on a 15 yo car. you can afford to fix the issues.
As almost everyone on this site would agree, it's about the passion.
Best of luck with your search!
Mark
BTW, love Buicks too!

Mark
Point well taken.
Love the feedback

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
Welcome

There is one up in Canada 2006 with no stripes, upgraded wheels, stereo with over 13,000miles asking 350,000CAN$ if your looking for one with some miles

MichaelR - Thank you for the Canadian idea
Sounds like Grayson is all over it

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Canadian cars cannot be four option. They did not have the Mac radio.

Reactions: MichaelR and extrap

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Thats cool.
Post a pic of the two cars if you get a chance.
Thats cool.
Post a pic of the two cars if you get a chance.
See if these will open.

The 1971 Stage One was ordered by a US serviceman, and delivered to Germany. Ugly brown interior with bench seat and column auto. Lots of torque.
The 1966 was at Dallas International Motor Speedway north of Dallas. Ran a lot of ET Brackets as the car was major consistent around 15.0 1/4 mile time. Would dial in 15.1, and beat them at the lights.

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018

Yes no Canad

Yes my apologies on that one the Canadian one is 3 options. Your absolutely correct Canadian ones didn't have that option

The other two listed here in Canada seem to be US cars, so I assume they would not be any trouble bring to the US

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
my apologies guys

The Canadian GT is 3 options, stereo/speaker wasnt an option for us Canadians. But the other two listed in Canada have it so I'm assuming they are US cars so registration shouldn't be to difficult

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Are there links for listings for these cars? Would like to see em.

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018

Reactions: extrap

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
Hope this helps your search guys :)

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
The cool thing for me with a Canadian car and the lack of radio is that it shows what the car interior looks like without the large subwoofer between the 2 seats. There is a little storage bin present for a couple of boxes of "smarties" (M and M knockoffs for the Canadians).

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I will say, as a noob, after actually hearing the McIntosh stereo and sub ... it's fine ... but so far I don't think it's anything all that special ... and while I suppose it's good to have that as 1 of the 4 Options, as far as utility I'd rather have that prime real estate for storage.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Love silver!

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
The cool thing for me with a Canadian car and the lack of radio is that it shows what the car interior looks like without the large subwoofer between the 2 seats. There is a little storage bin present for a couple of boxes of "smarties" (M and M knockoffs for the Canadians).

I do think the interior looks nicer without it, but that's just my opinion. Not saying I hate the ones with it. I wouldn't let it get in the way of making a deal on your GT :)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You can relocate the subwoofer, there are several threads on how to do it.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
I recall someone from the thread musing that the subwoofer could be relocated but he wasn't sure if the parts (storage bin substituted in its place) were still available and I have read that some guys love the sound of the stereo with the subwoofer and others think it is only ok. Everyone is different. I would probably not care that much and prefer just listening to the engine. My old car ('67 911S) doesn't have a radio and I don't miss a radio at all, the engine sound is so glorious. And to extraps point, I understand that storage is quite limited so some prime real estate storage seems advantageous.