Rattle/clunk when turning right

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Took a tight right hand turn in 1st gear at good speed and mid turn noticed a clunk kick back in the front left (thats the location it felt like)
It wasn't much of a bump in the road but never felt anything clunky through the steering before... hmmm

Came home and had another right hand bend thats in my street that I've taken it hundreds of times that this time was slow in speed, it makes the clunk again (not as agressive as other one)
its a nothing sized bump mid turn.
I did some swerving in the street in the last 10 seconds as I pulled in and everything felt fine.

I was under the car a month ago and the lower arm on the left rear suspension had lost its seal so I could see the grease, but all else looked good.
(pics are of the rear suspension)

I might go out today and see if I can replicate it and listen more. (listening, something I'm not good at my wife says)

Any thoughts

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpeg
    IMG_2036.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2038.jpeg
    IMG_2038.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 30

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
end liks on sway bar

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
BM SoCal posted about a similar problem on Mar 23. If it is the sway bar bushings, and the timing is about right for deterioration of the OEM rubber ones, these guys produce a better replacement. Maybe touch base with "BM SoCal'' and see how his situation is coming along.Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.17.35 PM.png

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I'll have a look and see....
Thanks

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
BM SoCal posted about a similar problem on Mar 23. If it is the sway bar bushings, and the timing is about right for deterioration of the OEM rubber ones, these guys produce a better replacement. Maybe touch base with "BM SoCal'' and see how his situation is coming along.View attachment 59885
Nothing new to report, haven’t had it looked at due to a need to have my car smogged (battery replacement is necessitating a couple hundred miles of seat time) and the quarantine.

Last edited:

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
All looks good on the George W's
Theres a 1/4" of lateral play but that looks normal... you can see the rubbing that show the bar as clean section

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
suspension clunks can be frustrating... im trying to sort one out right now on my superformance with no luck.

if nothing else... three lefts equals right :)

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Dogs, horses, Nascar, track & field, the chariots when I drove in Rome, ...everybody knows to turn LEFT.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Turning left is my preferred drift side.......Hmmm