Rally IX Las Vegas Filmmakers Footage.

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
First, a big thank you to all the FGT owners who took the time to show us around your cars, tell us stories, share pictures and videos, give us rides, lets us stick cameras everywhere, trail you in chase cars and just generally welcome us into the family.

We captured a bunch of great footage and I'm confident I will turn it into a film full of proper NOISE and visuals.

I know that a lot of owners had their own GoPros/Contours/Sony Action Cams and while we did get some great footage of our own, I would like to ask for footage contributions from any owners that wanted to add to the film and help me make it the best it can possibly be. I am looking for in-car or on-car footage, no matter if you think it is 'great' or not, the more angles/sceneries I have to work with, and the more cars/noise I can include, the better this film is going to be.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to just drop the mini SD card in the mail, i'll just take the footage (I won't use the footage for anything other than this film and will not include anything that shouldn't be included) and return the card. The other option would be to email individual files using WeTransfer (but sending the SD card would be so much easier).

What do you think? Anybody willing to help out a little and add to the film?

Again, thanks to everyone for being so cool and welcoming, it was a joy to take part in my first rally.

-Justin Lapriore///LetsMakeMedia (and Alex)

Justin Lapriore
202 SW 178th St
Normandy Park, WA 98166

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
When are you looking for this? I shipped mine w the car, so won't see it for a week, that is if I have anything worth a darn....

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
When are you looking for this? I shipped mine w the car, so won't see it for a week, that is if I have anything worth a darn....

I'll take it! It's going to take me at least a week just to sort my own footage and I'm aiming for an early November release date for the film. Plenty of time. Thanks!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ok, let me get it and make sure there is something worth sending.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I might have a few clips of in car, head mounted, and cowl mounted GoPro. Any worthwhile clips I have will be small enough to upload to my website. You can look at them and download if you wish. However, I can't do this until I get home this Friday. Oh...I have good video (and audio) of the Matech GT1 entering the Shelby American lot if you didn't get that.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I had a GoPro in my Matech car on the track we were doing the shake down on... However the camera was left in the trailer with the car which is still in Vegas. Once it returns I can send some in-car footage to you if you'd like.

Good meeting many new folks - great times had by all!

Life is good,

Lance

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
I might have a few clips of in car, head mounted, and cowl mounted GoPro. Any worthwhile clips I have will be small enough to upload to my website. You can look at them and download if you wish. However, I can't do this until I get home this Friday. Oh...I have good video (and audio) of the Matech GT1 entering the Shelby American lot if you didn't get that.

That sounds great! No rush getting them to me, I'll check in next weekend. Thanks!

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
I had a GoPro in my Matech car on the track we were doing the shake down on... However the camera was left in the trailer with the car which is still in Vegas. Once it returns I can send some in-car footage to you if you'd like.

Good meeting many new folks - great times had by all!

Life is good,

Lance

Lance! Absolutely, let me know when it returns. Thanks!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Justin..very cool..I just reviewed my GoPro which was
Mounted on my driver side mirror when we had your
Camera mounted on my rear side scoop videoing at same time.
All 16GB came out great..just watched it with family
In Pittsburgh. I will be home to Detroit tomorrow.
How is best way to send the miniSD card to you??
So that it is well protected?
I can send in a few days.
Andy (ajb)

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Justin..very cool..I just reviewed my GoPro which was
Mounted on my driver side mirror when we had your
Camera mounted on my rear side scoop videoing at same time.
All 16GB came out great..just watched it with family
In Pittsburgh. I will be home to Detroit tomorrow.
How is best way to send the miniSD card to you??
So that it is well protected?
I can send in a few days.
Andy (ajb)

Hi Andy,
Thanks again for helping out! Maybe just tape it or staple it between a couple business cards and drop in an envelope. Can't wait to see it!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hi Justin,

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet you and glad that you enjoyed the rally!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I should be able to have a look at my windshield mount footage tonite.....not sure what I captured but if it's at all useable I'll forward it ASAP.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh also, could you get me the video of the couple lap ride I gave you? I was the one in the black no stripe at the end of the day.

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Thank you! You as well, thanks for giving my camera a lift. Cheers!

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hi Justin,

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet you and glad that you enjoyed the rally!

Thank you, you too, loved it.

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Oh also, could you get me the video of the couple lap ride I gave you? I was the one in the black no stripe at the end of the day.

Yeah! That was Alex, and it took about 3 hours for that s**t eating grin to get off of his face. Thanks again!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sorry, I can be horrible w names....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Justin's work is over the top.

I hope he adds a link to his 2014 Amelia Island video. So well done.

Wonderful cars, great editing and fabulous sound track.

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Justin's work is over the top.

I hope he adds a link to his 2014 Amelia Island video. So well done.

Wonderful cars, great editing and fabulous sound track.

Jeff, thank you so much for the kind words. I suppose I should have posted something so that the FGT Forum family knew what to expect from this little film.

So, here is the Amelia Island Concours film I'm most proud of (it's full of GT40s) https://vimeo.com/63531878 It will give you a good idea of how I approach these things.

Thanks again Jeff, it was a pleasure to meet you and Kim, please let me know if you ever need a passenger......

Cheers!

JustinLapriore

Videographer
Apr 22, 2013
Seattle, WA
Jeff, thank you so much for the kind words. I suppose I should have posted something so that the FGT Forum family knew what to expect from this little film.

So, here is the Amelia Island Concours film I'm most proud of (it's full of GT40s) https://vimeo.com/63531878 It will give you a good idea of how I approach these things.

Thanks again Jeff, it was a pleasure to meet you and Kim, please let me know if you ever need a passenger......

Cheers!

Oh s**t, I'm confusing you with Jim. I'm sorry. Too many new friends. My apologies, I'll see you in PS before Christmas.