Radio tuning

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can offer any help?
Have a Mackintosh stystem and the radio only tunes on the odd frequencies on FM, ie 97.3, 97.5, 97.7 and so on.
How can I get it to include the even frequencies, ie 97.2, 97.4, 97.6? :confused:confused
Any help much appreciated.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow, that's a new one. In the states all the station are on odd channels. I'd like to hear the answer to this one as well.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
I'm not sure we use any even numbered frequencies here in the US. This gentleman should be able to answer your question. dale.bickel@fcc.gov

Take a look at the FCC web site as well. http://www.fcc.gov/ Time for an iPod! :)

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
It's a US radio, working the way it's supposed to work, receiving US frequencies.

In the UK you'll need a different radio.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Your car was sold in the USA, and imported to the UK. All the UK original cars, and the European cars, were originally shipped without radios, for the reason you have experienced. You will need to find a European radio, or perhaps just the tuner section, to install in the GT. You might want to contact Revolve, or some of the other English GT owners here on the Forum.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It's a US radio, working the way it's supposed to work, receiving US frequencies.

In the UK you'll need a different radio.

This is the reason.....

I've never actually tried to listen to the radio in my GT. :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Some radios have circuit board jumpers that allow switching frequencies to odd or even. I don't know if the Mac has this feature. Even if it did it is a PITA to get the radio out because the line out connector is very hard to disconnect. If you go to all of that trouble, time to upgrade to Kip's 2DIN radio enclosure.

tony h

GT Owner
Jun 16, 2010
United Kingdom
Thanks everyone for your comments.
I suspected as much but just wondered if there was a magic button to press.
I dont think I'll bother swapping the radio as there is ample sound from the car - better than any radio station.
Thanks again...

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I doubt you'd want to listen to the Archers when you're zooming along in the GT.... :)