RaceDeck. Who has it?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Is it noisy to walk on? Easy to keep clean? Would you do it again?

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I have it. Put it down last month. Little noisy to walk on. Light clicking sound as you walk around. I would do it again as it was not costly but I did not get estimates for any of the sealed colored or two part epoxy jobs. I liked it because you can make any design or color combo.

Stu

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I definitely think RaceDeck has it. :lol

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Been there done that...and though it looks good, it's a PITA to clean and over time, eventually stains. I went with ceramics this time around.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I definitely think RaceDeck has it. :lol
Isn't the founder a member here!?

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I looked into a lot of floors when I recently did my garage make-over. I went with a commercial epoxy applied by American Garage. It was quite a process with a lot of grinding and prep work. They gave me a great price and stand behind the work. Down side is, I had to find a place for my three cars for four days while the floor was done. We ended up with a red white and blue color scheme, which was my idea. I'm very happy with it so far. Decided I didn't like any of the tile options that moisture could get trapped under. Never know when the next hurricane may come around.

Attachments

• DSC00343.jpg
    DSC00343.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 664

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Isn't the founder a member here!?

Yeah, that's what I meant. His actual username is RaceDeck.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Yeah, that's what I meant. His actual username is RaceDeck.

I have an Epoxy floor in my home in Az and Canada. I was concerned about hot tire pick-up in AZ and road salt issues in Can but neither have been a problem over the several years I've had it and it is virtually maintenance free.
I also have the RaceDeck in my satellite garage in Can....I laid down filter fabric on the concrete prior to installing the flooring and it all but eliminated the hollow clicking sound that was mentioned. It looks good most of the time but as stated it is a PIA to keep clean....it requires mopping and can't be hosed down because of moisture trapping. It certainly has it's place but maybe just not in my" working" garage.
So...if I were to do it over again, my choice would be all epoxy ....( cost and installation differential not being a consideration)

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I have Racedeck in my garage. I placed it over a self-installed epoxy coating which I wasn't happy with. I think a professionally applied epoxy floor is the ultimate in looks, ease of maintenance and cost (high). Racedeck is economical and good looking. I was aware of the clicking sound before I purchased the Racedeck, but I don't even think about it anymore. Bottom line: I couldn't be happier with my decision. I have a pretty large garage (36 X 36) so epoxy would have cost a fortune. Racedeck also allowed me to design a checkerboard pattern around the perimeter to add some style to the expanse. Remember, this stuff is plastic so you have to use a wood plank under jacks and jack stands to prevent permanent marks. Another consideration is that the Racedeck floor "floats" on the base floor and in a large, unheated/uncooled garage like mine the floor can bunch up slightly in the summer when its expansion is constrained by parked cars. These are very small issues and I would buy another Racedeck floor without hesitation, as I probably will for a forthcoming Florida garage.

Howard

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I do have RaceDeck in my garage :wink - I have both the FreeFlow open grid ( works great in the winter with snow and road slop that gets dragged in ) and I also have the RaceDeck TuffShield style which is a patent high-gloss stop surface that looks great and super easy to clean. As for sound, not an issue.. but some use synthetic landscape felt to muffle any concern.

Attachments

• 1020622_4662213487201_439394561_o.jpg
    1020622_4662213487201_439394561_o.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 549

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I would do Racedeck in my garage but have always imagined a thousand spiders living under it.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I did a garage in the UCoatIt epoxy. It was a lot of work, many steps, mostly to assure a clean flat surface.....but I thought the result was amazing in looks and durability and ease of care.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I had my garage done professionally in epoxy and did not think the expense was that high. I had my three car garage done, which I believe was 560 square feet, for $2000.
Considering the prep and every thing they had to do, I thought it was very reasonable. My main consideration was in case I had moisture in the garage from tropical rains and possible flooding. Otherwise, I thought the Race Deck would have been a really nice option.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So far, I have one bid for epoxy. $2,500 for 770 sq ft of what the guy calls "full chips" (prep, two coats epoxy, two coats gloss, lots of flecks).

full chip gray color1.jpg

full chip gray color2.jpg

I don't have a quote from RaceDeck, but I think it will be about $3,000. Played around with the floor designer.

racedeck.JPG

Putting cost aside, I'm leaning toward epoxy for some of the Racedeck negatives mentioned...Florida moisture, creaking under foot, need to be careful with jacking, ease of cleaning...spiders. :lol

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Partial Race Deck floor a little noisy but looks great, wears well, and installs easy and fast. Bag of empty beer cans optional. Planning on adding to the rest of the garage.

Attachments

• _12_07_2012_1214.jpg
    _12_07_2012_1214.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Very nice car ... much better than the often cited RED :)

Cobraguy

GT Owner
For what it's worth, I have the exact colour chip combo as in your pic for my wifes everyday portion of the garage and it goes very well with my preference for black and silver cars but I have Desert Sand colouring (I believe) in AZ....the grey/black does not show dust tracking much at all but the sand colour looks spotless all the time, for obvious reasons. As well I have a nearly identical colour pattern of RaceDeck as on your spec sheet. If you decide on the RaceDeck, be sure to buy several extra pieces of each colour for future replacement as I did. The flooring will yield to a falling 9" rearend and will burn easily if not totally protected from mig-welding splatter..This I know!!!!....In these situations the repair was extremely simple and very cheap and I'm sure that would not have been the case with Epoxy.
Also, I have a buddy who parked his red hot Camaro on his garage Race Deck....had an air leak in his air ride system....came out the next morning and his low hanging headers had melted / distorted several square feet of flooring.
Stuff will happen no matter what type of floor you choose.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
If noise is your chief concern, then putting landscape cloth under it muffles it and it is a lot quieter. It can be a challenge to clean the "white" as it tends to discolor with just tires sitting on it. I have not found anything to remove that. I like mine and have not had any probs with it, and I have not noticed it being a breeding ground for bugs or mold. i.e. on a warm day you can lift it up some and look under it at the drive in edge.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Hey!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Partial Race Deck floor a little noisy but looks great, wears well, and installs easy and fast. Bag of empty beer cans optional. Planning on adding to the rest of the garage. They also were negotiable on price if you call direct.

that might be one of the best RD parking pad photos I have seen, Nicely done!