Quicksilver Garage Complete

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
I've put the wraps on my latest project, making the garage suitable for the GT.

The lighting was inspired by the pictures of Soroush's shop (I don't think it can be called a garage anymore) and everything else was driven by my preference for silver and black vehicles. The ceiling is calling for a lift but I think I'll turn my attention back on the car for now.

Thanks to everyone that has shared pictures of their garages and provided a few great ideas (the combined poster / certificate / dyno sheet / brochure make a great cover up for the breaker boxes).

I wish there was more GT garage memorabilia available (the humidity will eventually destroy anything too nice).

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Very nice! Are you going to be at the event in H this weekend? Looks like a silver GT reunion. Reminds me of big block Corvettes and Shelbys etc.....where they only built 120 but there are 200 surviving lol.

Last edited:

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Yes I'll be at the event. It looks like Houston is becoming the mecca of Quicksilver GT's this weekend!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Yes I'll be at the event. It looks like Houston is becoming the mecca of Quicksilver GT's this weekend!

Might be the most ever gathered in one place at one time. We will need a group photo...silver only.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Looks great. I have the same Gladiator products and like them.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
The Gladiator cabinets have been with me for 5+ years and have held up really well, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a non-permanent/installed solution.

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Looks great... love the silver

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice!

H

HHGT

Looks nice, tidy and classy. Well done.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very cool, you can get some cheap banners that are pretty large 3' by 5' and humidity will not affect them, and if does you'll be out 30 bucks :)

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Very nice neat garage. Thanks for posting. One day I'll update my garage and all these ideas help.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
+1. Great ideas... best color too!

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Nice garage , very clean , can I ask how do you get out of the car , it looks tight on the drivers side , I have the same sort of clearence and I was wondering if you have any better solutions than I have

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Nice garage , very clean , can I ask how do you get out of the car , it looks tight on the drivers side , I have the same sort of clearence and I was wondering if you have any better solutions than I have

Although all bets were against me on being able to get in and out of the single back stall with the GT door (I stood alone against wife and friends), it isn't too bad. I have enough room to open to the first detent on the door opening mechanism and perform a duck and walk to get in. All is well as long as I stretch before attempting the maneuver. In short, no novel solutions beyond flexibility.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Looks like it turned out great.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Looks great!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Quicksilvers of the world unite!

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
Re solution to door clearance problem. Why not just back the GT into the garage? Seems too simple.:lol

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Re solution to door clearance problem. Why not just back the GT into the garage? Seems too simple.:lol

The "home stall" for the GT is the single-wide in the back, not the double that it is parked in as shown in the picture. In the double, it is encroaching on daily driver space and my wife has something against having to park her car in the driveway. Something about turing our house into a car lot, and probably because she get's stuck out there every time I start a project and take over her space in the garage.

In my opinion (and my dreams), the simple solution would be to park the daily drivers in the street and call Shelby to help fill the open garage spaces:biggrin.

Last edited: