Pulley but no tune?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have a GTGuy pulley and tune on my GT. Have the SCT so I can switch from 93 to 91 as needed. Stock tune is also on the tuner. The peculiar thing about the custom (15 psi boost) tune is that the boost gauge in the dash reads full negative off throttle and 0 at full throttle. The boost reading is inferred and the new tune doesn't calculate it the same. Just annoying not being able to see the needle at 15 psi at WOT. The other interesting thing is the cat sensors are I guess "off" with the custom tune. First time I tried to get the car emissions tested, it threw a code on the testing equipment, no CEL though. I went home and loaded the stock tune and installed the stock MAF sensor. Drove the car 50 miles, going easy on it since it was running a 15 lb. pulley but a stock tune. Took it in to get emissions and it passed fine. Then reloaded the custom tune. Anyway, I have to do this every year around testing time. Bit of a PITA.

I have the same setup. The tune also appears to disable the EGR system, so with two "not ready" status emissions fail (In Nevada you're allowed one). I put the tune back but couldn't get the cats to come ready but since the EGR came back I was OK.

I've asked Rich to see if they could provide a 91 (street) tune that leaves the EGR or cats on (there really should be a reason to disable either). It's OK for the 93/100 since those would be track anyway.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Very good Ajay. A local Illinois band that made good. I'm surprised that AJB didn't pick up on it. Their first album (which I have in vinyl) is now impossible to get, especially since REO trucks made them change their name.